Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hummer H2 Commercial...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Sometime vehicles like this , because they stand out are used to promote a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

tuxy wrote: »
    Sometime vehicles like this , because they stand out are used to promote a business.

Also, some people have no taste or don't get embarrassed easily!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

God that's an ugly interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

tuxy wrote: »

Theres a club in Dublin city that uses one of these for promotion -

all the kids walk by and say "wow, look a rugged American SUV"
    instead of "Ugh look at that giant piece of GM sh!£"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

there was a fella on here a while back, in the fitness industry in some way, who was having problems with VRT on some car he was buying, he was claiming the VRT should be a lot less then he was getting charged based on the rules. Said he was also in the process of bringing a Hummer commercial into the country to, partly to stick it to the VRT crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

There's a Hummer with Paul Hunt Interiors or something like decaled onto it thats is parked up by Sandwith Street sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Its in a naff colour..........

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ballooba wrote: »
    There's a Hummer with Paul Hunt Interiors or something like decaled onto it thats is parked up by Sandwith Street sometimes.
    I'd say his work is classy & tasteful...

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

Anan1 wrote: »
    I'd say his work is classy & tasteful...

hehe, ive seen one or two around used for commercial purposes, but personally i think the only thing they achieve is letting their prospective customers know that they are going to be paying over the odds for any work.

my boss has company car rules in place here that ban any kind of flash or two seater cars purley becuase he thinks it give the wrong impression to customers and that the first thing they think when they see a car like that is "so thats where my money is going"

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Yeah 21 nightclub have one. I agree that they are horrible vehicles but they are great for marketing purposes especially for a night club like 21 which is attended by young people who relate to the whole American Bling thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

A disgusting vehicle. It made me sick not so long ago to witness a woman dropping her kids to school in one of these things in South Dublin.

I saw a video of one - Where the front axle snapped trying to get over a modest boulder - ill try post it here

Yeah here we go - someone tried to go offroading in one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YacG9PkGtI

• Registered Users Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭10-10-20

"The conversion has been tastefully done and is fully reversible for UK buyers." At a guess, this is being sold as the customs have sussed the fact that the rear seat mounts haven't been removed correctly, rendering it possible to convert back to a people-carrier at commercial rates... Tax dodge.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

beerbaron wrote: »
    Theres a club in Dublin city that uses one of these for promotion -

all the kids walk by and say "wow, look a rugged American SUV"
    instead of "Ugh look at that giant piece of GM sh!£"

Aigh Clubs 21's comes loaded with sexy babes too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Crikey! I'd say a LandCruiser would have gotten through that fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Are you sure it wasn't just a tie rod that he broke in that vid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Crikey! I'd say a LandCruiser would have gotten through that fine

I'd say a jimny would have made it over that stone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

This appears to be the same one on Carzone: http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=729371

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Bloody hell thats a cheap looking interior!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I'd say in these green or greenish times any company who would have such a vehicle would actually loose business rather than gain it as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

Tauren wrote: »
    there was a fella on here a while back, in the fitness industry in some way, who was having problems with VRT on some car he was buying, he was claiming the VRT should be a lot less then he was getting charged based on the rules. Said he was also in the process of bringing a Hummer commercial into the country to, partly to stick it to the VRT crowd.

That was me but I already had the hummer. The funny thing was that I bought it to promote my business which took longer than expected mostly because I opened a gym in the meantime but I used to work on westmorland street and park on dolier st. One of the managers came over to me and was asking about it, I told him how much i had paid, how it was vrt free and could be written off against the business and tax is only 250 a year, soon after that they got one...

Also strangly both myself and Michael Hunt (decorators) left school (me at 16 and him at about 19) and worked in Burger King in Blanch together. We both ended up driving hummers? Anyway I would have to agree about a service based business but with my business my prices speak for themselves, on certain products I am less than half the price of argos...

In fairness he gunned it when he shouldn't have, he knows nothing about off roading, H2's are fairly respected in the states for off roading.

http://www.elcova.com/h2/randlallh2.jpg

Mickk wrote: »
    Also strangly both myself and Michael Hunt (decorators) left school (me at 16 and him at about 19) and worked in Burger King in Blanch together. We both ended up driving hummers

Did you both think the interior decor and the food in Burger King was nice too?

No we probably learned the value of hard work. I have to say though, nothing makes me laugh more than when a cyclist pulls a face or says something:D
    You would be surprised how often they come up and knock on the window asking why I need something so big, my routine answer is that it is actually the new breed of car, its electric and so is saving the enviroment. It is so big to hold all the batteries to power it. Most people wont believe this I know interent waffle and all but I once had relations a nice young lady who was concerned about the enviroment so asked why I needed it and was very impressed that I was doing my bit! Didn't say a thing when I started the 6l petrol v8, didn't even cop it when I stopped for petrol!!!
    Hope she reads this:p

They actually knock on the window? Would you be driving in the cycle lane by any chance sur!

No every time its happened I have been parked up at shops ect, hence why I said "Didn't say a thing when I started the 6l petrol v8" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

can I ask why you feel the need to have it ?

You surely can't say :

Its any good
    its fast
    you need it for the kids
    you use it for off roading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Extension of his penis maybe? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Max_Damage wrote: »
    I can't see many electricians or carpenters driving this as the company vehicle...

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Hummer-H2-Mint_W0QQitemZ270205456015QQihZ017QQcategoryZ116504QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    A hummer for €15,000? Mickk, how much are they new? I find it a tad hard to believe that you can get one of these things of beauty for such a low price (around the price of a car). But I'd say it eats petrol, yeah? Finally, how are these things for leg room? I'm 6 foot 6", and they look like they have good legroom, or what? Finally, do you know how's the tax & insurance like for a private driver (as opposed to a commercial driver).

Advertisement