Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hummer H2 Commercial...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

jameshayes wrote: »
    I'd say a jimny would have made it over that stone!

You could probably have thrown a Panda Cross at it... well, except for the clearance. Might have made it up the rest a lot quicker

http://www.autogaleria.pl/fotografie/fiat/fiat_panda_cross_2005_02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Extension of his penis maybe? :D

nail + head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Mickk

RobAMerc wrote: »
    can I ask why you feel the need to have it ?

You surely can't say :

Its any good
    its fast
    you need it for the kids
    you use it for off roading

You obviously havn't looked at the pictures if you have to ask that...

I have an old volvo 850 t5 for driving and a cbr 400 for skipping the traffic.

About the insurance I was 23 with no NCB and a provisional license when I got the hummer. The insurance on the volvo tp was more than they wanted fully comp on the hummer. With the mpg I only get 15 in the volvo so 10 wasn't that much of a jump.
    What I am getting next will beat both of them and has no vrt and even less tax/insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I blame the lad's customers... paying him lots of money for god knows what to keep petrol in the thing. Personally I dont see how it helps his business... 'Want to look this big' should be followed by 'Go buy a Hummer and you'll be the exact same size'. I have 2 cars. A decent looking BMW diesel for long drives, and a piece of sh1t banger thats just about legal (I don't even admit to owning it when in company lol). I make a (small) living from providing Services (ie. I don't sell product) and 90% of the time i'm 'on site' (ie. at customers premesis). Guess what car I drive when meeting with clients? I drive the POS banger... This may confuse you, but think about why I do it and get back to me. I don't see why you'd use a PETROL V8 for work. Can you even claim the VAT back on the petrol? Not good business sense imho. And those V8's drink petrol, absolutily drink the stuff. I use a RR V8 petrol for towing the odd time and jesus I nearly have to give Statoil a kidney I need to re-fuel it so often

To that person, fairplay to you.. you worked in burger king but now own a Hummer. You've got 4 wheels to drive on, excellent! However I don't resent you, nor am I jealous. Why? Because someone smart would put the money into something that they'll get a return on... you 'pumped' (no pun intended) your money into a Hummer... lol

On a final note I don't see the point your trying to make with "I used to work in Burger King but now I drive a Hummer" ... Do you get a free Hummer every time you sell 10,000 XL Whopper meals? :D

If you read the post the point was not that I worked there, it was the coinidince that i worked there with Michael Hunt who was actually mentioned in this very thread earlier. Its a driving attention grabbing billboard, what dont you get? I would have easily paid what I have paid for the hummer on advertising to get to the level of sales I have achieved with a new internet only business and I still have the hummer as an asset. I actually only started the business in october and with out any other advertising (apart from the yellow pages which has been useless) I had to move to a new warehouse four times bigger over christmas and still am struggling to keep on top of the orders. As a business its a no brainer. And I think you might of missed the pun, I sell body building equipment and supplements, the back says want to be this big not look this big :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the_syco wrote: »
    A hummer for €15,000? Mickk, how much are they new? I find it a tad hard to believe that you can get one of these things of beauty for such a low price (around the price of a car). But I'd say it eats petrol, yeah? Finally, how are these things for leg room? I'm 6 foot 6", and they look like they have good legroom, or what? Finally, do you know how's the tax & insurance like for a private driver (as opposed to a commercial driver).

15k is the highest bid. the seller wants close to €50k on carzone for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Mickk wrote: »
    If you read the post the point was not that I worked there, it was the coinidince that i worked there with Michael Hunt who was actually mentioned in this very thread earlier. Its a driving attention grabbing billboard, what dont you get? I would have easily paid what I have paid for the hummer on advertising to get to the level of sales I have achieved with a new internet only business and I still have the hummer as an asset. I actually only started the business in october and with out any other advertising (apart from the yellow pages which has been useless) I had to move to a new warehouse four times bigger over christmas and still am struggling to keep on top of the orders. As a business its a no brainer. And I think you might of missed the pun, I sell body building equipment and supplements, the back says want to be this big not look this big :rolleyes:

Fair enough I see where your coming from

Just got a little ticked with the Burger King comment as I thought you were trying to make out "I used to work in Burger King but now i'm king of the world... cause I Drive a hummer"

(PS. I've nothing against Burger King workers mmmm XL bacon double cheese)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I was amazed at how cheap the Hummers are in the US, yes I know
    all cars are cheaper in the States, you can get a new H3 for less than
    €20,000. But I guess they have petrol for just over €2 a gallon (and the
    price of petrol is an election issue!).

the_syco wrote: »
    A hummer for €15,000? Mickk, how much are they new? I find it a tad hard to believe that you can get one of these things of beauty for such a low price (around the price of a car). But I'd say it eats petrol, yeah? Finally, how are these things for leg room? I'm 6 foot 6", and they look like they have good legroom, or what? Finally, do you know how's the tax & insurance like for a private driver (as opposed to a commercial driver).

I paid 38 euro for mine in 05. Its a 02 and had 4k on it! It was owned by an iraqi millionaire who had a collection of ferraris, lambos and loads of old beetles? He only used it to tow his speed boat to the beach... As for the leg room honestly not as much as you would think (im 6'4") and its a horrible drive, completely non responsive and lumbersome with terrible brakes to boot...

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Guess what car I drive when meeting with clients? I drive the POS banger... This may confuse you, but think about why I do it and get back to me.

I do the exact same, negotiating rent on warehouses and getting quotes on work ect I go in the volvo. It would just give them a licence to rip off otherwise.

Also people go on about petrol so much but go out on a regular basis and drink themselves silly? It wouldn't be uncommon to spend 100 a night on booze, petrol for the week as an everyday driver costs me 80ish. A fiver a pint? 1.15 a liter sounds good to me...(and I dont drink)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Mickk wrote: »
    As for the leg room honestly not as much as you would think (im 6'4") and its a horrible drive, completely non responsive and lumbersome with terrible brakes to boot...

Right! :) Your certainly honest. I guess a certain clientele would be impressed with the look of your car.... Its obviously worked, fair play to you. I can think of much more expensive advertising and I work in the industry (advertising)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I note from the ebay listing that it is the smaller 6cc engined hummer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

kbannon wrote: »
    I note from the ebay listing that it is the smaller 6cc engined hummer!

R/C version!

Advertisement