Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 6 Nations - Potenial Edge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,382 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Can't see Wales beating England. It's basically a club team without their overseas players, who've been their best performers this season.
    Basically a club team???
    Its the ospreys, 13 out of 15 starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Mellor wrote: »
    Basically a club team???
    Its the ospreys, 13 out of 15 starters.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. And not all of those 13 actually start for the Ospreys. Not exactly a healthy position for Welsh rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

zAbbo wrote: »

The smart money is on Wales to beat England.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Wales must have been a tasty price at half time!

Nice one zAbbo I was thinking that myself but didnt have the you know whats to put money on it....

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

i got wales at 8s on betfair when it was 19-12. would love to know how high up it went before they came back into it. england never looked confident in the second half. the england team of a couple of years back would have run at least forty in from the position they were at at half time.

had ireland to win in a double with scotland tomorrow...

been a good day for me with the soccer etc.. if trap is confirmed 'ill be laughing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

As a Wales fan I really couldn't be an happier that I was wrong about them. Guess I underestimated how sh*t England would be too...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Bah! Been saying it for years and I ignored my own preaching yesterday. Always take Italy on the handicap. Bookies always underestimate them. So yesterday I go and completely ignore my own rugby betting rule and get stung. Making matters worse I double Ireland with Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Was watching Soccer Am yesterday and that pr1ck Austin Healy now has to "take one for the team" as England lost

As todays game appears as if it will be the tightest I've gone for a simple single; Half time / Full Time: Any Result Involving a Draw @ 13/2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Week one

France vrs Scotland --- France (-5pts) to Win. 10/11
    Ireland vrs Italy --- Ireland (-18pts) to win 10/11

I'd rather bet €20 on France than a tenner on each.

Nice pick on France, they were badly mispriced. Hope you did put the 20 on them and not a tenner on each!

€50 on france
    I was never taking Ireland at that price, I thought they might of done it, but there was no value in it, was just highlight the difference in handicap.

France were massively underated

Stay tuned for next weeks pick :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

cheers mellor, did quite well this weekend on your tips

Ok, next weeks handicapps are up.
    All bets 10/11

Handicapps are;
    Wales -9 vrs Scotland
    France - 13 vrs Ireland
    Italy +15 vrs England

Obviously, the away teams are the reverse.

I was thinking about weighting today, and judging on last weeks performance, I was expecting italy to pushed up a little, they had a good game verses englands poor one.

I expect the ireland game to be tight for that spread and will steer clear. Anything could happen.

I expect england and wales both to be winners, but after mistakes at the end of the wales game i can't back them.

My pick for this week is Wales at -9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

A lot tighter handicaps this week I reckon.

I'm tempted by France -11 with skybet though

what are wales on SB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

-9 is the best I see around for Wales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Handicapps are;
    Wales -9 vrs Scotland
    France - 13 vrs Ireland
    Italy +15 vrs England

Wales -9 is a great bet.

Killme00 wrote: »
    Wales -9 is a great bet.
    glad you like my picks,

Update
    Wales -9 is Evens in Boyles
    England have dropped to -13 in Paddypower.

I'm still sticking with wales as my pick for this week, but I expect england to beat their handicap, something which they have only done a few times.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Don't agree on england think Italy will be closer than 13,
    Also I think Ireland will be within 13 of France, having seen the teams.

My Bets

Wales -9 10/11 €50
    Double Wales -9, England -13 €25

Also Rugby League
    Double Bradford -8 Leeds -6 €25

would have included Harlequins +10 vs Wigan but hate to bet against Wigan

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭TomPich

England all the way im afraid :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Nelly23

I'm gona throw €10 on Wales (-9)
    Ireland(+13)
    Italy (+14)...
    I feel/hope Ireland will imporve and although I cant see them winning i'd prefere to chance france not beating them by two converted tries. I can see Italy England been a low scoring game so Id go for Italy +14. And finally Wales at home should have to much for the Scots who will be fighting against the wooden spoon with Italy I think.

Then again come sunday afternoon...Ireland could show there potential/France cave in Scotland could fight there way into some form and get clsoe to wales and england might play like they did in world cup and hockey Italy but if it was easy sure everyone would be doin it!!:rolleyes:

Guys,

Dont make the mistake of backing italy +14.

England are strong where Italy are strong and better where Italy are weak. England should win this one handy and 14 pts is only two tries.

If I had to pick the winners of three matches (handicap)
    It would be Wales, England and Ireland
    But I'm only confidant enough in wales, the england match is too risky and could swing either way, and the irish match is wide open imo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I'll go against the grain and go with Scotland +9. France -13 sounds good to me also. I'll leave the Italy game alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭iwincosimcool

all the away teams on the handicap i rekon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

As an Italian fan (it's a Vialli thing) I'd be worried about their lack of ability to kick the ball for field position when England have Wilko. He could really put them to the sword especially if they show some ill discipline and I have a feelin he'll make up for the last game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

What do you guys think...

Having a 200 treble... Wales, France and England...
    Odd's are pants as you can only imagine, but hopefully get shy of 300 back...

This way, it'll pay for my day in the pub...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

England -14, sctoald +9.5, france -13. Wales under 27 points aswell. All singles

Scotland are makingit hard for wales, it will be tight. I've a horrible feeling it will be 9 exactly for a bookies win

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭iwincosimcool

that was lucky:)

Advertisement