Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 6 Nations - Potenial Edge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭fatgav

crikey this is close for the spread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Christ, what a **** way too lose 2 bets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭iwincosimcool

did you bet on wales, that was lucky at the end:) thought scotland had got the try

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

fatgav wrote: »
    crikey this is close for the spread
    Thats the idea of the spread ;). Last week was a poor showing for the bookies.
    This was much closer.

Anyway, Wales take a handicap win, and I go 2 for 2 in bet of the week. Let that be a warning to those that tried to take over my thread, :D:D:D

my bet of the week is the total points in the ireland game. over 44.5 points at evens on betfair on a dry day with little wind in paris. ;)

• Advertisement

did you bet on wales, that was lucky at the end:) thought scotland had got the try
    I think it was fairly obvious that scotland never had a try at the end, wales had the ground covered,

The unlucky part was the final wales try. Unlucky chucky
    The stupid commentator didnt help, he didnt understand the rules at all.

He said something like:
    Touch is not just the ground, its all the way up to the sky
    His foot had to of touched the ground, see the sod coming up
    Incase people don't know, touch is just the ground, not to the sky.
    and the fucking sod could of came from anywhere on the pitch, from the pitch beside the line, or stuck to the boot for the last 10 mins.

jesus did you see the face on the irish coming out, they looked depressed or something, wish i didnt bet on them on the handicap now :(

they've started well enough... ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

They're playing well but France are different class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bet fair are giving 1.64 for +24.5 Ireland and 2.3 for -24.5 France should I lay Ireland or back France?

Mike.

• Advertisement

jesus did you see the face on the irish coming out, they looked depressed or something, wish i didnt bet on them on the handicap now :(
    As a rule I don't go near Ireland in handicapps, nor do i bet against them.
    but That being said. I said back during the RWC, that betting against ireland in every WC handicapp would be good. Appears to be the case.

It makes sense for PP and boyles to overprice ireland, as most of the bets will on the ireland side

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

What did you end up doing Mike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Mellor wrote: »

It makes sense for PP and boyles to overprice ireland, as most of the bets will on the ireland side

Not at all. They will keep their prices similiar to other bookmakers. Gambling on an Ireland game goes much further than Ireland!

I'm aware of that, for say handicapp bets or match betting. Where their prices are the same (or almost the same, PP differed last week, and boyles this week).

But PP and boyles run specials on ireland games, they are the only bookies to spread these so there is no chance of an arb. These are often over priced imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

That differs somewhat from what I understood of your first post but fair enough yeah.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Delighted Ireland got within 12.5, always thought this would be close, think the teams are quite evenly matched over the last few years.
    Ireland should have one in the end.

Forky wrote: »
    That differs somewhat from what I understood of your first post but fair enough yeah.
    Reading my other post, I can see how it might of sounded. I was talking about handicapps at the start, I just don't go near ireland in handicapps as they are never consistant. But in other bets I think there is never an edge

So thats two out of two picks this week for me. I almost did a wales/ireland/england treble. But as I don't like predicting irish matchs, I went for wales and england, roll on tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Keano, I ended up doing nothing. As per

Mike.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

adrian522 wrote: »
    Don't agree on england think Italy will be closer than 13,
    Also I think Ireland will be within 13 of France, having seen the teams.

I hope some of you took this advice, 3 out of 3 for me this weekend, 5 out of 6 so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

What do you guys think...

Having a 200 treble... Wales, France and England...
    Odd's are pants as you can only imagine, but hopefully get shy of 300 back...

This way, it'll pay for my day in the pub...:D

Ching Ching.... hick..!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Nelly23

Nelly23 wrote: »
    I'm gona throw €10 on Wales (-9)
    Ireland(+13)
    Italy (+14)...
    I feel/hope Ireland will imporve and although I cant see them winning i'd prefere to chance france not beating them by two converted tries. I can see Italy England been a low scoring game so Id go for Italy +14. And finally Wales at home should have to much for the Scots who will be fighting against the wooden spoon with Italy I think.

Then again come sunday afternoon...Ireland could show there potential/France cave in Scotland could fight there way into some form and get clsoe to wales and england might play like they did in world cup and hockey Italy but if it was easy sure everyone would be doin it!!:rolleyes:

I hate it when u get it rite but dont back it! Theres €80 I could have been up if I got out of bed 5 minutes earlier!!!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Ireland to win the triple crown @ 7/2 is a good bet imo, Scotland and Wales at home and England away is very doable.

Agree good bet.....

same bet is 5.4 on betfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Welsh team announced today with Stephen Jones starting at outhalf. Despite this Skybet still have james Hook as favourite for top tournament points scorer. backing O'Gara at 9/4 and/or Wilkinson at 11/4 looks good. hook has 28, Wilkinson 27 and O'Gara 22 as it stands. Wilkinson was taken off with 20 minutes to go in the Italy game though so maybe his place is up for grabs too.

Next weeks odds are up.
    So far i've been doing well. 2 out or 2 in the pick of the week and 3/2 for last weeks full card. If made profit every week, although england losing their handicap did cause me to miss a nice triple

So this weeks card is;

15:00 Wales -13 v Italy +13

17:00 Ireland -12 v Scotland +12

20:00 France -6 v England +6

all priced at 10/11

This weeks banker is France -6 @ 10/11
    This is the only selection I am going to back this week.(I think)

If I was forced to pick a team from each match I would go for all home teams (W,I & F) to win for almost 6/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Next weeks odds are up.
    So far i've been doing well. 2 out or 2 in the pick of the week and 3/2 for last weeks full card. If made profit every week, although england losing their handicap did cause me to miss a nice triple

So this weeks card is;

all priced at 10/11

If I was forced to pick a team from each match I would go for all home teams (W,I & F) to win for almost 6/1

Where would you get 6/1 for the 3 home teams to win..??:eek:

A simple triple each at 10/11
    To be clear, Im refering to three home handicap wins

Next weeks odds are up.

So this weeks card is;

all priced at 10/11

France have a poor recent record against England though, and I can see England improving a lot from their first two games. Id take England on the handicap wouldent be suprised if England won actually and blow the championship wide open.

• Advertisement

Agree with this, this a game England could well win, as long as they keep it tight and kick their goals.

France look weak at half back to be honest. Saturday will be a long day in the armchair...

Advertisement