Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 6 Nations - Potenial Edge

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

France have a poor record against england, maybe.
    England have a poor record in the handicapps, they haven't won a single one this year, in the RWC, in fact they have a very low win rate in them in general, I think last years games against france was the only time they won a handicap in the last 15 or so.
    england are over-rated, by themselves, by the fans, but most importantly by the bookies.

Obviously I accept that they might win this handicap, but in the long run I think that the value on the team in white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Nelly23

This week I'm gona go for Wales (-13), France (-6) and Ireland (-13)! I am most wary of the Ireland one to be honest. Scotland are due a decent performance as are Ireland so I guess it depends on who gets there game into gear. I'm also gona add in Portumna and Birr in the hurling semi's to beef the acc up! €20 gets back €223 with Boylesports. That would be nice to help recoupe the spending in Edinburgh this weekend:D!! Fingers crossed!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Mellor wrote: »
    France have a poor record against england, maybe.
    England have a poor record in the handicapps, they haven't won a single one this year, in the RWC, in fact they have a very low win rate in them in general, I think last years games against france was the only time they won a handicap in the last 15 or so.
    england are over-rated, by themselves, by the fans, but most importantly by the bookies.

Obviously I accept that they might win this handicap, but in the long run I think that the value on the team in white

Have you done research on this?

What was the handicapp in the game agains australia in the World CUP? Or in the final against South Africa?

They also beat France in the 6 nations last year, where i assume they beat the handicapp.

If you read the post you will see I mention the french games were they obviously beat the handicap. (6 nations and RWC)

As for the Final against SA, they were two points short of beatign it. The handicap was +8. Here thay failed also.
    I didn't say they have never won. Just that they do not win enough.

Logic tells us that, on average, every team should win their handicap match up just under 50% of the time if the bookie is right. But england are one team that fall short of the average. By a decent edge.

All this chat is going to mean i'll obviously end up wrong

Ok, this is my third time trying this,

Another great bet is available this week,
    One team to win both halves id 8/13 in both the wales and irish games,
    A double on this plays over 5/2, this is a great bet and should be snapped up imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Kinda32

Mellor wrote: »
    Ok, this is my third time trying this,

Another great bet is available this week,
    One team to win both halves id 8/13 in both the wales and irish games,
    A double on this plays over 5/2, this is a great bet and should be snapped up imo

That double is just over 6/4... Looks a good bet though..

The price for wales alone is 1/3, so its huge value.
    Was mistake above , I meant to press a 3, not a 5
    So just over 3/2, €10 returns €26.10

Week 3

And we're off. Lets see if i profit this week.

For recap,

Good Bets
    France +6 to win @10/11
    Any team to ein both halves in Wales game and the Irish game.

I didn't actually back france, as the double for the Wales and ireland matchs in the any team both halves bet plaid more.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

I'm waiting on France -7pts to win €950!!! Did a €50 treble on Gungadu 4/1, Ire -11pts and France -7pts!

COME ON FRANCE!!!!

:P

Best of luck, my bet came in, Wales - Wales, Ire - Ire double, €260+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Think I'll give up on the 6 Nations this year, having a shocker with my selections. Honestly thought France -6 was a good thing. Luckily, it was in a treble that was already dead and didn't bother chasing the loss. Could have hurt. Few people on here seem to know their stuff, good luck with the rest of the tournament

This week was a bit meh,
    2 out of 3 in the handicaps picks (no money on)
    but it was my main pick that missed, well it had to happen soon.

The other bet was good though, netting me a nice few quid with €100 on it

Advertisement