Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tucking your jeans/trousers/ etc into your socks...

• 24-01-2008 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Ok firstly whoever invented it should be shot, today while getting on the luas I saw a kid about 15 with pretty much his school trousers tucked into white shocks that went halfway up his shin :) whats the deal? Don't they know they look like idiots..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

They're scum.

Explains it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

Looks rank. Unless it's a bicycle safety measure. I forgot to do it once and was sent sprawling in the middle of a major junction. Hurrah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

I really don't understand it especially as most of them have the skaner haircuts and "diamond" earrings to match!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

it's an urban fashion yo, get with the times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

the dee wrote: »
    Looks rank. Unless it's a bicycle safety measure. I forgot to do it once and was sent sprawling in the middle of a major junction. Hurrah!

Indeedy. It's not alot of fun to have a bike attached to your leg via your trousers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

its looks awful!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ever been in Liverpool op?

Its the "im a scallie" look, white nike socks over adidas tracky bottoms, eugh!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Tazdedub

Jaysus I remember when this was all the fashion back in the late 80's early 90's in the days of break dance. Then it was tucking your jeans into you socks while wearing boot runners and walking around with your bit of lino under your arm in case you got the sudden urge to start breakdancing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

if some idiot wore his underpants on the outside, next day another 100 idiots would be doing the same and bleating on about urban fashion, fecking sheep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Its the scanda jacket for the noughties

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Baudelaire

Well the lads need a gimmick too so they look cool when out on the town with their girlfriend in her pj's :rolleyes:

MajorMax wrote: »
    if some idiot wore his underpants on the outside, next day another 100 idiots would be doing the same and bleating on about urban fashion, fecking sheep

Didn't work for Superman :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

How else are you meant to let people see you have a pair of really slammin' cashmere socks??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Its the scanda jacket for the noughties

i think columbia have that distinction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

You old folks wouldn't understand how cool this looks I personally tuck both legs of my trousers into my socks and my socks go to just under my knee'shttp://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/golfknicker-com/sockindex1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Get with it losers, this is like sooooo back in fashion.

Rob_l wrote: »
    You old folks wouldn't understand how cool this looks I personally tuck both legs of my trousers into my socks and my socks go to just under my knee'shttp://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/golfknicker-com/sockindex1.jpg

And rather fetching it is too ;)

Baudelaire wrote: »
    And rather fetching it is too ;)

feckin A man, all these haters just dont have the B alls to tuck their socks in, it takes a certain type of man to pull off the look.:cool:

anyway people who get annoyed at this should do themselves a favour and remember the eighties

REMEMBER THE EIGHTIES!
    If tuckin in socks is the worst of todays foopahs then feck it eh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Baudelaire wrote: »
    Well the lads need a gimmick too so they look cool when out on the town with their girlfriend in her pj's :rolleyes:

+1 hahaha :D

yeah its true..the lads all look like they are extras out of biker grove and the girls are marching around with their prams in their PJ's looking like they just marched out of a maternity ward. Welcome to the fashion victim/health care state we live in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

the dee wrote: »

I had something similar happen with my trousers but instead of landing on the road i was left sitting on my bike with one pant leg... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Its to keeps rats from getting into your trousers.

Rob_l wrote: »
    feckin A man, all these haters just dont have the B alls to tuck their socks in, it takes a certain type of man to pull off the look.:cool:

Sure didn't the coolest guy ever pull it off*** :D:D

http://www.dorm.org/~andy/reddwarf/picts/cat/lcgolf.jpg

***Not the best pic and it took me ages to find even that one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Varkov wrote: »
    Its to keeps rats from getting into your trousers.

If thats the case. Maybe the young ones should start wearing their trousers tucked into their socks. Far less teenage pregnancies that way!!!

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Holsten wrote: »
    They're scum.

Explains it all.

I think it has something to do with shoplifting, so you can put stuff down the leg of your pants and it won't fall out. Doing it around town says you shoplift and are a 'Hard Man', gimps all of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Vest tucked into the underpants FTW ( For The Winter)

Hagar wrote: »
    Vest tucked into the underpants FTW ( For The Winter)

vest and jumper tucked in the y fronts and pulled high so everyone can see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

briantwin wrote: »
    If thats the case. Maybe the young ones should start wearing their trousers tucked into their socks. Far less teenage pregnancies that way!!!

+1 :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Cycled to school im my youth and believe me i didnt do it on a few occasions and ended up with one fine looking trouser leg and the other looking like flares torn from ankle to knee.....scarrrrrlet!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭conky_05

Ok firstly whoever invented it should be shot, today while getting on the luas I saw a kid about 15 with pretty much his school trousers tucked into white shocks that went halfway up his shin :) whats the deal? Don't they know they look like idiots..

i do it out of neccessity sometimes when I'm cycling to work in my lovely work trousers .... well it's either that or get them ripped ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 keagan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

briantwin wrote: »

What? Rats cause teenage pregnancies?? :eek:

/goes looking for Inter Cert biology book.... :D

Advertisement