Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60 Minutes with GTA IV

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I saw this on Gametrailers last night, but i didnt get a chance to look at it. Will do so tonight. I guess GTA fever is gonna kick in again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Looks good

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Oh god, this looks awesome! I may have pee'd a little i'm so excited about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

/shakes fist at websense

I will have to wait till I get home to see this. I'm fecking dying to look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I just drooled on myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Looks like this will be on preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

They just announced the release date - April 29th, globally.

My only niggling concern from that preview is this:
    In this unfinished build the cities do appear a little more empty than past games in the series, but this is something that could be waiting for optimization.

Hope they address that before release. When I think of a next-gen GTA, I really want a busy busy city. If you go to New York, the streets are teeming. I know they're not going to replicate that, but it needs to not feel empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'm livin in Edinburgh at the moment and there focus testing the game. One of my mates was doing it about 2 weeks ago, said it's alot like the previous GTA's. Some small differences like when you crash hard in the car you go flying through the windscreen and such. There's some crazy difficulty peaks too and it's a very loooong game. He's testing the main mission, all the little side missions are not being tested.

And, there is an Irish character in the game. Called Packie, or something like that. Not sure how it's spelt but it's definitly pronounced Paki-'stan'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hope the on foot shooting and AI has been significantly improved like they said it is. It's really where GTA needs a huge amount of improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

LookingFor wrote: »
    They just announced the release date - April 29th, globally.

Hope they address that before release. When I think of a next-gen GTA, I really want a busy busy city. If you go to New York, the streets are teeming. I know they're not going to replicate that, but it needs to not feel empty.

Dead Rising basically did that already, so they can too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 McNultysRipper

Graphics look like a Gamecube game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

eh, what? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

is this coming to pc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

should of gone to specsavers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

MooseJam wrote: »
    is this coming to pc ?

nearer the end of the year id say

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Vice City and San Andreas both came out on PC about 8-9 months after the PS2 versions. Although I have this preordered for the 360 I'll be getting it on PC as soon as its released. I always preferred the other GTAs on the PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Stephen wrote: »
    Vice City and San Andreas both came out on PC about 8-9 months after the PS2 versions. Although I have this preordered for the 360 I'll be getting it on PC as soon as its released. I always preferred the other GTAs on the PC.

Me too, the mods on the pc are great...

Graphics much better too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Dead Rising basically did that already, so they can too.

Just because Capcom (and more relevently, Ubisoft) managed it, doesn't mean that Rockstar North can... Any video I've watched so far makes it seem like the engine is struggling to draw enough frames and that's with barely any models on screen, but hopefully they still have a few tricks up their sleeves....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

:eek::D:D:D BOINGY! BOINGY! BOINGY! :D:D:D
    I can't wait to buy this! Picking up either a ps3 or 360 JUST to play this!

The graphics look quality, but would anyone agree they don't look far superior to the Max Payne engine?

Playing the 1st Max Payne on a good PC at high res, the textures and colours were fairly rich and detailed for it's day. I realise its a more simplistic game than GTA4 will be but, i dunno, just thought they'd be better.

EDIT - GTA forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

damn, late night driving missions going to be very tough with virtual and real beer goggles

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm gonna be getting a 360 mostly for this - it's been on the shopping list anyway, but now I have a deadline!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I cant wait for this game! San Andreas was some game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Yeah this should be brilliant :) Lets hope we actually see some proper in game footage soon of it, hate the way Rockstar always keep gameplay vids secret :(

Nick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I prefer that they keep it all secret, downloaded the latest trailer on live last night, it looks amazing.

This is the reason i got my 360 xmas 2006, been waiting that long to play it

Advertisement