Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

YouTube on S60 handsets?

• 24-01-2008 10:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Can someone tell me if it's possible to get YouTube working on an S60 handset please? Do I need some flv plugin? If so, where could I get this?

Cheers,

DC.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭billbond4

Why dont you try tinytube.net or m.vtap.com ? It has the youtube content but you just have to download it as apposed to streaming it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Youtube have their own mobile portal now. If your phone is S50 version 3 you can get a nice little app called emtube for searching and viewing videos.

Google all the above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Thanks for that Bluefrog! I should have checked m.youtube.com :)
    Right, now all I need to be able to do is play flv files directly on my Symbian phone (Nokia E51). Is this possible? I heard TCPMP might be able to do it, but I can't seem to install that on my phone. Any ideas?

Cheers,

DC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

that emtube works perfectly on my e65. Thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

video plays very choppy on my n73, even when video is fully loaded. audio plays fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Emtube seems to download the video before playing it so I would guess that if you have choppiness it's a memory related issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

I find with emTube on my e61 that playing video that's streaming is choppy and out of sync, but when it's fully loaded it plays fine. Not 25+ fps, but fluid enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

Google have launched an app that you can download. Either go to http://www.youtube.com/mobile on your PC browser to get it, or go to m.youtube.com on your mobile. It's quite slick

joerules wrote: »
    Google have launched an app that you can download. Either go to http://www.youtube.com/mobile on your PC browser to get it, or go to m.youtube.com on your mobile. It's quite slick

I tried m.youtube.com, but when I click on a video, it attempts to launch in real player (not sure if it should). It then just times out and I can't watch anything (Nokia E51)
    Any ideas?

DC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭joerules

Below the search box on the main mobile page there's a link called "Get Youtube on your Phone". I clicked on that.

• Advertisement

joerules wrote: »
    Below the search box on the main mobile page there's a link called "Get Youtube on your Phone". I clicked on that.

I can't see that link myself, but I went to m.youtube.com so I'm assuming I'm already looking at the mobile version???
    In the meantime, I've been playing around with emtube. What a great piece of software!

Cheers,

DC.

Advertisement