Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iqon in liquidation

• 24-01-2008 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭

Just heard that the liquidators are moving in.

Shame really, but I suppose that it was coming, their prices were never that competitive.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

kleefarr wrote: »
    Just heard that the liquidators are moving in.

Shame really, but I suppose that it was coming, their prices were never that competitive.
    Not a shame at all! Those were horendusly buggy pcs & laptops and have fixed plenty of them, cheaply built and most dont last, that was my impression with them...

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

yoyo wrote: »
    Not a shame at all! Those were horendusly buggy pcs & laptops and have fixed plenty of them, cheaply built and most dont last, that was my impression with them...

Nick

Hear Hear! Back from wence they came!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭WillieDH

good riddance !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

Heard a few funny stories about how it was Tesco that kinda of ruined them. Bit of a scam going on indeed.

Person would go into Tesco and buy a shiney PC from iQon. Said person would then take it home, take out the RAM, gfx card, HDD - pretty much anything that would come out. Then take it back to Tesco and get a refund. tesco employee would not have a clue what was supposed to be inside but can see a big grey box so figures it must be fine. Money back! then bang it all shows up on eBay.

One of the lads told me that they would sometimes they would even get machines back with everything replaced!! Some crap pentium 1 mobo etc thrown in!

Its distressing times we live in. Wonder will Dell have the same problem?

Archytas wrote: »
    Heard a few funny stories about how it was Tesco that kinda of ruined them. Bit of a scam going on indeed.

Person would go into Tesco and buy a shiney PC from iQon. Said person would then take it home, take out the RAM, gfx card, HDD - pretty much anything that would come out. Then take it back to Tesco and get a refund. tesco employee would not have a clue what was supposed to be inside but can see a big grey box so figures it must be fine. Money back! then bang it all shows up on eBay.

One of the lads told me that they would sometimes they would even get machines back with everything replaced!! Some crap pentium 1 mobo etc thrown in!

Its distressing times we live in. Wonder will Dell have the same problem?
    Haha lol sort of makes sense, once you leave the PSU in the pc would feel "heavy" as if theres stuff inside it lol, if Tesco are trying to get into electronics sales properly though they should really have a onsite technitian to check items as stuff like this is obviously going to happen

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭mobby

No tears here either. where i use to work a few years ago we purchased about 200 Iqon PC's that all had faulty power supply's and Iqon spent weeks replacing them. Caused no end of grief to get them to admit the problem was with there crappy PC's.

mobby wrote: »
    No tears here either. where i use to work a few years ago we purchased about 200 Iqon PC's that all had faulty power supply's and Iqon spent weeks replacing them. Caused no end of grief to get them to admit the problem was with there crappy PC's.
    Not to mention Iqon only very recently actually bothered putting up drivers on their site :O . Used to take ages trawling the web getting drivers for each component :( . They did in fairness provide drivers much later on :D

Nick

Advertisement