Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Patricks National School in Dalkey

Options
  • 24-01-2008 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I am aware of the good reputation of the Wyvern National school but when I applied to send my child there they told me that the parish I was in (Sandycove) meant he has to go to the Dalkey National School at St. Patricks. They even now require a utility bill for proof of address and a copy of a baptismal certificate!

I have nothing against this school but I can't find out anything about it anywhere - no website or any references to it on Google

Anyone sent their kids there?

How is it?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You should ask for a copy of the enrollment policy for the school.

Primary schools are set up under a patronage system and the vast majority of them are patroned by the local church so that the school is set up to cater to the children of the parish. Those children who live in the parish catchment area and are baptised in the local church get first preference when applying for a place in the school.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/education/primary-and-post-primary-education/going-to-primary-school/ownership-of-primary-schools

Most of the schools do not have a website with information you have to go and inquire about them yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

My experience is that the first preference is based on age only in most of the schools. I wish there was a overall survey of that schools ask for. So we'd know which ones do and which ones don't.

Advertisement