Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

InDesign - Export to PDF colour changes?

Options
  • 24-01-2008 11:45am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    A magazine I've done - some of the pages have a black background.
    Now, all appears fine in InDesign, but when I export it to PDF, print quality, the black appears as a dark grey (the black in the photos appears as proper black).
    Will this come out as dark grey in the final print?
    What's going on?

Cheers,
    Steve.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Nobody?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I had the exact same problem and still do.

I originally thought that 0C 0M 0Y 100K was showing as a dark grey because it isn't 0R 0G 0B, the colours we see on a monitor. Most times it has printed black, once it hasn't. An overlaying image which was predominantly black with red trail lights going through it appeared with a hard black edge over the black background. Still can't figure it out TBH ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Hmm, I was thinking that was the problem, but again yeah, I'm not sure how to fix it.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Can you put container images of pure black where the black background would be? Bit of a pain but it could sort it until you have fixed it properly.

Advertisement