Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick soccer question

Options
  • 24-01-2008 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

Does being banned from the soccer forum automatically mean you're banned from the Soccer travel and tickets forum also?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Depends on what way the mod set the ban. You should PM the relevant mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I wouldnt have thought so.
    Seperate forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Something was said in another thread today, over on the mod forum about this.

Post Number 7 Here.

Seemingly if there is a Sub Category, then the ban is for all forums.

Soccer is a parent of Soccer, Tickets, Access Reqs and Boards Team.

So, it depends if the ban is from the "Soccer" SubCat as a whole, or Soccer --> Soccer, the forum itself.

Hmm, if I was banned from the Soccer SubCat, would I be also banned from Boards Team, a forum I mod?

super_furry, are you banned from Soccer at the moment? How long for? Can you post in Boards Team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

You're not banned from any any soccer forum bar the main soccer.

Your ban in soccer was your 3rd, so under our rules with was perm, but I'm willing to discuss it with the other mods if you so wish.

DesF wrote: »

Seemingly if there is a Sub Category, then the ban is for all forums.

Nah. I dont think anyone banned from AH is banned from the sub forums. That would just be silly.
    DesF wrote: »

Hmm, if I was banned from the Soccer SubCat, would I be also banned from Boards Team, a forum I mod?

No you cant be banned from a forum you mod. At least by another mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

psi wrote: »
    You're not banned from any any soccer forum bar the main soccer.

Your ban in soccer was your 3rd, so under our rules with was perm, but I'm willing to discuss it with the other mods if you so wish.

If you can I'd appreciate it, but like you say, third strike, so no hassle.

I seem to be banned from all soccer sub-forums, not sure if there's anything that can be done about it or not but if possible I'd like to be able to get into the tickets forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Nah. I dont think anyone banned from AH is banned from the sub forums. That would just be silly.
    If someone is banned from AH then they are automatically banned from the subforums. Fact! However, you can unban someone from the sub-forum even if they are not banned from the sub-forum (but are from the main forum) and they will be allowed to access to the sub forum.

So, yes you are automatically banned from all sub fora, but you can give the user specific sub-forum access if you so wish.

And as has been answered - a soccer forum ban will not mean a ban from Soccer travel and tickets forums. A soccer category ban will though. It can happen that a mod will ban you from soccer cat as opposed to soccer forum by mistake, but I think it's only happened once. It's an easy mistake to make.

If you can I'd appreciate it, but like you say, third strike, so no hassle.

I seem to be banned from all soccer sub-forums, not sure if there's anything that can be done about it or not but if possible I'd like to be able to get into the tickets forum.

Right.

First off, sorry yeah, you were banned from Soccer Sub-Cat. Not sure how that came about, but in the unlikely event you deserved it, I can't remember why and have no record of it, so unbanned.

Again, apologies.

Secondly, I'll get back to you regarding soccer by Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Much appreciated, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭zippy 99

Does being banned from the soccer forum automatically mean you're banned from the Soccer travel and tickets forum also?

Banned from soccer forum :D:D

• Advertisement

Super_furry unbanned.

PM with details sent to you.

Who says Feedback threads don't have happy endings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

psi wrote: »
    Super_furry unbanned.

PM with details sent to you.

Who says Feedback threads don't have happy endings?
    You're going soft psi.

He didn't even ASK to be unbanned from Soccer.

Gordon wrote: »
    If someone is banned from AH then they are automatically banned from the subforums. Fact! However, you can unban someone from the sub-forum even if they are not banned from the sub-forum (but are from the main forum) and they will be allowed to access to the sub forum.

So, yes you are automatically banned from all sub fora, but you can give the user specific sub-forum access if you so wish.

hmm, seems a silly thing to do.
    I must test out this new found information and ask the next person i ban if they can post in the sub forums

Advertisement