Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Mk3 diesels

Options
  • 24-01-2008 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

What models are we going to get?

I know we're going to get the 1.6 89 bhp PSA lump, and all €100 road tax and 14% VRT of it, and we're meant to be getting the 109 bhp ECOnetic which is the same 1.6 PSA engine and all 115 g/km of that(and the €100 road tax as well as the 14% VRT there) too.

But are we going to get the non ECOnetic 1.6 109 bhp engine(119 g/km) or are we going to be given the Ford designed 1.8 TDCi Lynx engine, which apart from having 4 bhp more, also manages to narrowly avoid 20% VRT and €290 road tax(at 139 g/km)(it will be in 16% VRT in July and €150 road tax), and lastly will we get the 2.0 petrol and diesels after July, as the 2.0 petrol will be in 24% VRT(the same as the 1.4 incidentally), and the 2.0 TDCi will be in 20% VRT(compared to 30% now)?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Nothing is certain yet.

2.0 TDCI and DSG box combo will be good if they import it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Thanks for the info. I notice today that Ford UK have the prices for the Mk3 Focus up, and not that it will matter come July, but the 1.6 Ti-VCT is gone, and the 1.6 TDCi is available in 89 bhp and 108 bhp guises and so is the 113 bhp 1.8 TDCi as well as the 2.0 TDCi. The 1.6 108 bhp TDCi and 113 bhp 1.8 TDCi are identically priced, so I assume that the 108 bhp 1.6 will be available here. The ECOnetic is available in both versions of the 1.6 TDCi too.

When is the ECOnetic Mondeo coming, I saw on Ford.ie in their news section a photo of a Mondeo ECOnetic, and what engine will it use?

Advertisement