Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balcony door repair, who does it?

Options
  • 24-01-2008 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭

Mods please move if in incorrect place, but thought I'd get more people in the know here.

The door onto my balcony has started to leak a small bit of water when it rains. I can't see anything obviously wrong with it. Is it up to me to get the door repaired or do the MC have to look after it? I've no problem getting it fixed, just want to know since technically I don't own the balcony or outside of the building am I resonsible for the repair of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

It's your responsibility.

Try calling the Management Agent, and see if they can direct you to someone who can investigate the problem. But, the cost will be yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

The balcony isn't yours, the door is. Some places do maintenance as part of their management service, most don't unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Thanks for the quick replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

it will state on the lease for the apartment whether the door is considered a common area or not. If its part of a common area, the management company have to pay for it. If its part of your apartment, you will have to pay for it. Also take care you are not leaking onto the apartment below you....

Advertisement