Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car UK Reg

Options
  • 24-01-2008 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi

I am buying a car this weekend from a private seller, he is paying the VRT as it is a UK Reg, he said he will have this done by tomorrow and that the new plates will be on the car by Friday night, he will just give me the receipt.

Is there anyway I can check the new registration to ensure it is registered? Also as it has just been registered here the log book will not be available for a few days later. Does that sound right.

I just want to be sure it aint stolen or anything. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

soupie wrote: »
    Hi

I am buying a car this weekend from a private seller, he is paying the VRT as it is a UK Reg, he said he will have this done by tomorrow and that the new plates will be on the car by Friday night, he will just give me the receipt.

Is there anyway I can check the new registration to ensure it is registered? Also as it has just been registered here the log book will not be available for a few days later. Does that sound right.

I just want to be sure it aint stolen or anything. Thanks

go to the VRT office with him, that way the car can be registered to you and not him. if he registers it in his own name then to you, it adds another owner to the car. register it directly to yourself imo

the log book thing is correct, once you register a car in ireland, you can only get the log book when you first tax the car.
    so when you buy i8t, send opf a tax form with your insurance cert and that and it will be processed.

think it an RF1 form or similar.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Do a HPI check on the old UK reg too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Do a HPI check on the old UK reg too.
    DO NOT IGNORE THIS ADVICE.

Advertisement