Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your experience with XBox Support.. [** RANT ALERT**]

• 24-01-2008 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭

So, what is everyone's opinion of XBox support? I'm sure a good portion of us have had to ring them at least once for a RRoD issue or something similar.

Myself and a friend of mine applied for the 'Refer A Friend: 10 Free Arcade Games' promotion, and sent off our application at the end of last October. We recieved absolutely nothing of them so my mate e-mailed the xboxwins@microsoft.com address a month and a half ago, and got no response. So I e-mailed their general support last week and e-mailed me back (about 4 hours later) saying I need to ring the support line to get further help.

So, i rang them and explained the situation. The guy I was chatting to said it was very odd but it's outside of their control (don't they have a CRM system in place.. they are Microsoft for fecks sake!). And the only contact they have is the xboxwins@microsoft.com and to e-mail them every day until they respond. So i've been doing that for a week and a half - NO RESPONSE!

So, I decided to phone them again yesterday and got through to a guy who didn't even know of this '10 Free Arcade Games' promotion, and put me on hold about 4 times in the duration of the phone (to find out details about the promotion off someone else etc.). He then re-iterated the only address they have is xboxwins@microsoft.com and I explained how I've been e-mailing them daily for a week and they're obviously ignoring my e-mails. So i couldn't help but get a bit heated about it so he said he'd take my details, give me a reference number and told me to phone back in a few days. But he's doubtful there's any he can do.

So I confirmed with him there is absolutely NO-ONE I can call who can help me with the problem.. to which he replied "no, just we just have that e-mail address". So i'm gonna phone back Monday or Tuesday. Should i ask to speak to a supervisor.. or is there much point? He'll probably tell me the same.

I mean this is an absolute disgrace. I'm determined to get the 10 games but extremely doubtful at this stage.

Unbelievable.. probably the worst support I've had to deal with. And yes, that includes Eircom.

Comments

Yeah i had terrible trouble with them before , they cut me off for a 12because my address in my profile did not match the address in my credit card . I fixed it right away, rang them up and i was told i have to wait 24 hours. Next day still cant connect so i rang them up and they said i have to wait 24 hours. 3rd day , the same and 4th day and so on. eventually i just lost my rag and told them i have been guaranteed that it would be switched on after 24 hours. Anyway it took about 4 more days before anything was done . I never got reinbursd for the 12 days i asked and they said it was my fault because my profile was incorrect.
    I had a go at them about their service and lack of english and cancelled my service. I am back now though .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Have sent back my 360 4 times, never once had problems with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

rang a load of times for various problems, always got great support and help from them, very helpful in my view

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

i dont actually see how its the support guys fault though?

if he no contact, he has no contact!
    its hardly his fault that they werent informed about it and that they are only given an email address, no number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

event wrote: »
    its hardly his fault that they werent informed about it and that they are only given an email address, no number

He never said it was HIS fault, its M$ fault if there not giving there reps enough info.
    Anyway, my experiences have been fine, got console repair, took about two weeks. Also had a stiff A button on my controller when I first got it, he asked me to send it back and he'd send a knew one, before I even had time to send it back I'd recieved the new one. Never had much waiting time either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

basquille wrote: »
    Myself and a friend of mine applied for the 'Refer A Friend: 10 Free Arcade Games' promotion, and sent off our application at the end of last October. We recieved absolutely nothing of them so my mate e-mailed the xboxwins@microsoft.com address a month and a half ago, and got no response. So I e-mailed their general support last week and e-mailed me back (about 4 hours later) saying I need to ring the support line to get further help.

So, i rang them and explained the situation. The guy I was chatting to said it was very odd but it's outside of their control (don't they have a CRM system in place.. they are Microsoft for fecks sake!). And the only contact they have is the xboxwins@microsoft.com and to e-mail them every day until they respond. So i've been doing that for a week and a half - NO RESPONSE!

So, I decided to phone them again yesterday and got through to a guy who didn't even know of this '10 Free Arcade Games' promotion, and put me on hold about 4 times in the duration of the phone (to find out details about the promotion off someone else etc.). He then re-iterated the only address they have is xboxwins@microsoft.com and I explained how I've been e-mailing them daily for a week and they're obviously ignoring my e-mails. So i couldn't help but get a bit heated about it so he said he'd take my details, give me a reference number and told me to phone back in a few days. But he's doubtful there's any he can do.

So I confirmed with him there is absolutely NO-ONE I can call who can help me with the problem.. to which he replied "no, just we just have that e-mail address". So i'm gonna phone back Monday or Tuesday. Should i ask to speak to a supervisor.. or is there much point? He'll probably tell me the same.

I mean this is an absolute disgrace. I'm determined to get the 10 games but extremely doubtful at this stage.

Unbelievable.. probably the worst support I've had to deal with. And yes, that includes Eircom.

SAME, without the whole ringing them thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

try xboxsup2@microsoft.com , i mailed them to say I was unhappy with myconsole getting the RROD again for a 2nd time, i got a phone call the very next day after sending the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Turnip2000

I have a good experience with these guys. I once got a guy who let me keep guessing my account details which were set up by my brother so were all wrong:)

And when i go RROD They sent me everything i needed within two days and the xbox was back in my hands a week later.

As much as i want to let em have it I have nothing to complain about:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Friends of mine got the RROD and various other problems.. MS took it back very quickly and without any issues.

Maybe you're just unlucky? Where did it say this "deal"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

vasch_ro wrote: »
    try xboxsup2@microsoft.com , i mailed them to say I was unhappy with myconsole getting the RROD again for a 2nd time, i got a phone call the very next day after sending the email.
    Cheers vasch_ro.. e-mailed that address just there. Not expecting a reply but really hoping I do!
    Cully wrote: »
    Maybe you're just unlucky? Where did it say this "deal"?
    Here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Well... when my 360 RRODed it took 5/6 calls over two weeks just to get them to arrange collection.

But after that it was smooth sailing. Got console back very quickly and phone support solved an issue with recovering my gamertag very quickly and knowledgeably.

Advertisement