Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight Costs Back

Options
  • 24-01-2008 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

I was wondering if there is anyway that you can get the money paid on flights back if you were unable to fly.

I booked 2 flights last September but was in hospital when I was due to fly.

Can I try and claim this money back?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

dublad23 wrote: »
    I was wondering if there is anyway that you can get the money paid on flights back if you were unable to fly.

I booked 2 flights last September but was in hospital when I was due to fly.

Can I try and claim this money back?

Thanks

Not to sure, but if you had insurance you could probably claim back on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

Depends on things such as your insurance, the airline, the airline's official policy, the T&C's of the flight, etc.

Also you would need a doctors note to say that you were in holiday at the time. Was the flight itself in September or was that just when you booked it? Cos I'd say that if it was in September it's a little late to be looking for a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭dublad23

Thanks

It might be best to get in touch with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Electric

I had a similar problem once I broke my leg and couldn't fly on doctor's orders. Luckily I had travel insurance so I could claim it all back.

My friend was supposed to go on holidays with me but for some reason she thought that travel insurance was that e111 card that allows you to go to the doctor's in other EU countries.

Anyway long story short the airlines maintained she could have gone by herself or changed to a different date but she wasn't interested and cos she had no insurance couldn't claim anything.

If you have insurance you need to fill out one of their forms you'll also need your doctors/hospital cert and something from the airlines saying you didn't actually fly.

Advertisement