Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shorts

• 24-01-2008 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

I bought a nice pair of black shorts. Some people are wearing shorts, (All different lengths) at the moment. People are wearing up tan or tights or the fish net tights. Although many girls are wearing these, some dont think it looks well.. What do you think? Is it fashionable, looks well?

And what type of top would you wear with the tights and shorts? Cover up or strappy..:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Dudett

Shorts worn with tights lookss really nice!! I love it, you could also wear them with leggings, or skinny jeans.

I wouldnt wear a strappy top tho.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Girls who wear short shorts (and have the figure for it) are awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Yeah I agree with Dudett...dont do strappy... I guess it all depends on what length the shorts are really. BUt they look good with tights, yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

2005621037231919921_rs.jpg2005677664988779172_rs.jpg2005646211815040569_rs.jpg

What a fantastic look,i think you will look great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

Thanks to all for replies! My shorts are just above the knee, not the short shorts! Wear black tights and thinking of top now! Had planned on the strappy top :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

If The shorts are to the knee and you're wearing dark tights a strappy top mightn't look too bad as long as it's not very bare. For short shorts wear a cover up top.

Dudett, I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you, I think shorts should never be worn over leggings or skinny jeans. It's just wrong.

Dudett wrote: »
    I love it, you could also wear them with leggings, or skinny jeans.

no, no, never

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭pinklady2

It sounds more like three quarter lenght trousers than shorts or if you have nice legs go bare with a bit of tan, dark tights should wrk with nice heels , fishnets do not look nice in my opinion. :) A halter neck top may look well a strappy one wud too (do not forget a bit tan on the back and arms,chest), A-wear have lovely tops in at the mo...

Also over jeans and leggings BIG NO...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pixietrixie

Shorts can look good over skinny jeans when worn right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I was horrified seeing so many girls wearing shorts in town on Friday night, many teamed them with strappy tops and one lady in particular was wearing a top that slit down to her belly button with shorts :eek: She looked like a hooker.

They can be worn with a bit of class tho so I wouldn't count them all out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

I walked past a group of three overweight women wearing shorts on Friday night outside The Hairy Lemon. I couldn't believe that they looked in the mirror before going out and thought that they looked good.

Maybe I was just a bit jealous because their thighs were larger than mine.:D:D

Gyalist wrote: »
    I walked past a group of three overweight women wearing shorts on Friday night outside The Hairy Lemon. I couldn't believe that they looked in the mirror before going out and thought that they looked good.

Maybe I was just a bit jealous because their thighs were larger than mine.:D:D

OMG that's exactly where I saw 'ladies' in these short shorts!!

Could the people who like the Skinny Jean/ shorts look please get a pic of someone wearing them, I have to see what it looks like, could not find any pics meself ..:)

pinklady2 wrote: »
    Could the people who like the Skinny Jean/ shorts look please get a pic of someone wearing them, I have to see what it looks like, could not find any pics meself ..:)

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z304/mcoolmcool/Outfits/Outfit3.jpg

Heres a pic, doesnt look too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I just don't see the point of the shorts in that pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭pheby

Looks alright......I suppose. Was expecting something worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

You can hardly see the shorts, they look pretty pointless.
    Nice jeans though.. where did you get those?? ;)

Thanks for the pic :) still not into it meself...
    sure if ya like it wear it ..:p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It look pretty crap, imo. And that particular colour-pairing is a bit too close to black and navy for my liking.

Shorts and tights are okay together, but fishnets are horribly tacky. If you wore short shorts and fishnets, you'd be guaranteed to look like a hooker. Black or tan would be okay.

This very topic ran a couple of weeks ago, and I havent changed my opinion, there is no point in that picture for the shorts...it looks weird..real weird..and why is it that as soon as shorts are mentioned, some creep starts pm-ing boarders about how 'he likes them too?" bug off weirdo...

What is the point of shorts and skinnies anyway can I ask?

• Advertisement

This very topic ran a couple of weeks ago, and I havent changed my opinion, there is no point in that picture for the shorts...it looks weird..real weird..and why is it that as soon as shorts are mentioned, some creep starts pm-ing boarders about how 'he likes them too?" bug off weirdo...

What is the point of shorts and skinnies anyway can I ask?

Peter C the boarder in question?

I think the point of the shorts/skinnies is just another way of wearing shorts!
    dont know really, but if people wanna wear it, each to there own I guess.

Peter C the boarder in question?

+1 and I know another girl or two who have gotten those type of PMs from him too!:rolleyes:

ah yes, Peter C. I believe he made an appearance in the peeptoe tights section too. Waste of space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lyndy

This is the usual type of PM from him...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Peter C

Much prefer to see you in them without any undies

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,359 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Shorts are grand if you have long slender legs and the weather agrees. Tops to fit the occasion, but straps are out. I wear shorts whenever I can in So Cal and hot pants if I'm in the mood for a lot of attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

Sorry i feel a compulsion to reply to this as women wearing shorts, except on beaches, is a major pet peeve of mine. It looks absolutely awful on "normal" people and the people who can pull it off could wear a binliner and would look good anyway. From an aesthetic point of view i'd consider them to be the least pleasing of all the woman-bit coverings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Nickgrime

Shorts can look good over skinny jeans when worn right

My Girlfriend wear shorts over skinny jeans!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Sugar Drunk

shorts over skinny jeans looks disturbing theres a fine line between layering and fashion victim!
    Shorts can look okay withtights ive seen some nice pairs out but for every nice look ive seen ive also seen a girl squished into a pair that were 2 sizes too small...wrong

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Girls, if you're getting unpleasant PMs like that, please forward them on to an SMod (Beruthiel, Ruu or Gordon, to name a few), who'll sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Say you teamed shorts with very dark black tights (not the opaque type you can kinda see through), would it be bad with a busty top?
    I know the rule is generally show legs, then cover chest... But I was wondering what yer views are! I don't think it's too bad because the legs completely covered... Maybe I'm wrong though and I've been going out lookin like a whore!

Advertisement