Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cdwow question

Options
  • 24-01-2008 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just l wondering what your experience has been with cdwow lately. I placed my first ever order (1 cd) off them over a week ago (15th jan), and it is still waiting to be dispatched, are they usually this slow?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

A couple of years ago, they were great. I never waited more than about 24hours for something to be dispatched. For the last year or two though, things have gone decidedly downhill. They were bought by new owners a few months back and they promised everything would be better. Not in my experience of them since then though.

I waited nearly 3 weeks for a DVD to be sent, got no notice of delay until I contacted them too. Then there were 2 more delays and it only went in the post a day after I asked them to cancel the order. It's aparantly in the post now and they want me to return it to them (at my cost) before they'll refund the money that they already charged me over a month ago.

There'd have to be a very good reason for me to use them again. It's the same old story of no stock (even though it said in stock on the website) and continuous delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I get the impression that Cdwow is dead but it won't lie down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

As above they used to be very good. I ordered a couple of DVD's a few weeks ago. Took about 4 or 5 days before I even got the "your goods have been dispatched" emails. Another week or so on top of that before they were delivered.

Play is much better service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Thanks guys, was just going to send them an email this morning but I decided to log on to site one more time to see if it was dispatched and lo and behold it was dispatched today, 10 days after I ordered it so hopefully I will have it next week sometime (fingers crossed!) Yeah, Play is brilliant alright, if only they would accept laser cards (I dont have a credit card).

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

I bought two playstation games about a month ago and every week I get an email telling me that there is a delay in getting them dispatched and the dispatch date is just put forward to the next week.

Might request a refund now at this stage

Although I did buy a dvd the same day and it came pretty fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭snowey07

bought something on dec 5th, im still waiting for it.

They used to be great but im not going to bother with them anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Jharrb

I ordered a game around 3 weeks ago and still no sign of it arriving. Anyone else experiencing simular delays? I though cdwow normally delivered within a week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I'd say a 3 week waiting time is average. If you email them I guarantee they will say the problem seems to be localised to your area or something like that.

They've gone to the dogs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Jharrb

Well the last time I ordered something was a cd back in June. They emailed me after the order was placed saying that they were out of stock. 3 weeks later and still no response from them. I ended up requesting a refund which they did in fairness. This was their second and last chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Have you checked the status in your cdwow account and has it actually been dispatched yet? If it's been sent for over two weeks, then it might have gone missing and you should contact them. If it hasn't been sent, then I'd contact them and cancel it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement