Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

F*ck you led for backdoor window

Options
  • 24-01-2008 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Looking for a very big one. Some idiot started flashing their lights at me last night after a perfectly safe overtaking manouver.

They need to be told where to go. It's either this now or get a bazooka to blow them clean off the road.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

That happened to me on the Coast road in Sutton in Dublin. Driver in front of me doing 30kmp. The limit is 60kpm. I checked my mirrors, indicated, safely pulled out over the broken white line and overtook him perfectly.

He responded by shaking his fist at me, flashing me and screaming at me. PC gone mad I tell you... I nearly hit the "drop sharp nails and oil on the road" button.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

Looking for a very big one. Some idiot started flashing their lights at me last night after a perfectly safe overtaking manouver.

id say it probably wasnt a safe manouvour at all
    the other driver probably had to slow down and let you over take to make it safe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yes, this LED is not a new idea.

Ive had it too.

Ive patiened it and designed one.

They are in production now in the far east.

On the market over the internet by March

Price €49.95 + p & p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

lightening wrote: »
    I nearly hit the "drop sharp nails and oil on the road" button.

Can I get that as an aftermarket mod?

Seriously though, if you overtake someone and you weren't speeding, no solid white line etc. etc. and somebody flashes you don't worry about it. Let them road rage all they like. Although you should check that you don't have your fogs on and they were trying to get your attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

green123 wrote: »
    the other driver probably had to slow down and let you over take to make it safe

Yeah but that's because your a ********

• Advertisement

snyper wrote: »
    Yes, this LED is not a new idea.

Ive had it too.

Ive patiened it and designed one.

They are in production now in the far east.

On the market over the internet by March

Price €49.95 + p & p

I'm actually serious. I really do want one. I sick of slow drivers etc. What a pain and then they think they own the feckin' road. Won't pull in or anything.

The deserve to be shocked into submission.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

javaboy wrote: »
    Can I get that as an aftermarket mod?

Although you should check that you don't have your fogs on and they were trying to get your attention.

No, good point though, that was the first thing I checked!

Yeah but that's because your a ********

a what ?

a what ?

every name under the sun I can think of Danny boy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

That happened to me on the Coast road in Sutton in Dublin. Driver in front of me doing 30kmp. The limit is 60kpm. I checked my mirrors, indicated, safely pulled out over the broken white line and overtook him perfectly.

I know this stretch well, it can be a dangerous because its so tight as the road does bend. The rules say 60kpm so you where in your rights, personally i would have stoped and ask what his/her problem was :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Not nessecarily. Many drivers think things that are dangerous when they are very certainly not.

I don't knwo the piece of road or indeed the driver in question but I do not think we can assume his actions were unsafe based on the reaction of a driver that is only will to do 30 in a 60 zone.

MrP

MrP

Barlow07 wrote: »
    I know this stretch well, it can be a dangerous because its so tight as the road does bend. The rules say 60kpm so you where in your rights, personally i would have stoped and ask what his/her problem was :mad:

Fair play. I'm going to have to start doing this. Then I'll pull out a 9mm when there near me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,989 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I think they had one on Topgear when they want on the caravan holiday, it blocked out any curse words:(

MrPudding wrote: »
    Not nessecarily. Many drivers think things that are dangerous when they are very certainly not.

I don't knwo the piece of road or indeed the driver in question but I do not think we can assume his actions were unsafe based on the reaction of a driver that is only will to do 30 in a 60 zone.

MrP

MrP

the op never mentioned anything about 30 or 60
    read the thread again , try to understand it a bit better next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭bottletops

every name under the sun I can think of Danny boy.

Maybe spend your money on anger management??? :rolleyes:

bottletops wrote: »
    Maybe spend your money on anger management??? :rolleyes:

I'm going to open up an anger management clinic right off the Mad Cow Squiggleabout. I'd make a mint with an appropriately placed billboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

They need to be told where to go. It's either this now or get a bazooka to blow them clean off the road.

what were you looking behind for:cool::D

but ye was it a coffin dodger driving??
    muppets.

Barlow07 wrote: »
    I know this stretch well, it can be a dangerous because its so tight as the road does bend.

Fair point, this was well before the causeway, I could see at least a mile of free road ahead!

Fair point, this was well before the causeway, I could see at least a mile of free road ahead!

that road is a joke, the amount of pot holes on it!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

kona wrote: »
    what were you looking behind for:cool::D

but ye was it a coffin dodger driving??
    muppets.

You obviously don't even have a drivers licence. Every hear of looking in your mirrors. duh.

microgirl wrote: »

I came across that already. Too gimicky & small. I need something to shock people.

I need something very big and explicit.

You obviously don't even have a drivers licence. Every hear of looking in your mirrors. duh.

I think he was joking about the whole looking behind you bit.

But sadly anyone aged 17 can have a driver's license if they can memorise a few answers for the DTT.

that road is a joke, the amount of pot holes on it!!!!!

The causeway is sinking into the mudflats! They are not potholes, they the result of subsidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

I came across that already. Too gimicky & small. I need something to shock people.

I need something very big and explicit.

Well, much bigger than that and it's going to block your view ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Generally these people will flash you because they are so blissfully unaware of their surroundings, that when you overtake them it is the first time they are even aware of your presence, and you surprized them. They do not appreciate being woken from their day dreaming.

TK

microgirl wrote: »
    Well, much bigger than that and it's going to block your view ;)

Ah I'm used to driving vans and stuff with small windows. I can cope with having abit of the windows blocked.

you obviously have no sense of humour:rolleyes::D;)

• Advertisement

you obviously have no sense of humour:rolleyes::D;)

What a stupid inapproriate joke (if that's what you'd call it) it was.

Advertisement