Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puncture repair kits

Options
  • 24-01-2008 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the tiny little rubber hose that's always included in puncture repair kits (without any reference to it on the instruction sheet) is actually for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I think it's for smoothening out the surface of the rubber solution so the repair patch has a flat(-ish) surface to adhere to.

(Either that or it's a garden hose for a gnat.)
    Tweeter wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the tiny little rubber hose that's always included in puncture repair kits (without any reference to it on the instruction sheet) is actually for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

It's for repairing a Woods type valve - which you rarely see in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Tweeter

Thanks for the replies guys, someone in work mentioned old type valves as well but weren't sure where they heard it.

It certainly is a strange looking piece of kit. They could use it as the final question on who wants to be a millionaire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

All my life I've been smoothening rubber solution for nothing??
    Morgan wrote: »
    It's for repairing a Woods type valve - which you rarely see in this country.

Advertisement