Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Test next week on my first provisional

Options
  • 24-01-2008 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I've my driving test next week and I'm on my first provisional.

When going to the test do I need to have a fully licensed driver with me? As in can the tester ask me how I got myself and the car to the test centre, I say I drove on my own and they fail me on the spot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭The Hacker

No you'll be grand they don't care lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Bonbon12 wrote: »
    I've my driving test next week and I'm on my first provisional.

When going to the test do I need to have a fully licensed driver with me? As in can the tester ask me how I got myself and the car to the test centre, I say I drove on my own and they fail me on the spot?

Tester will not ask that and is none of his business how you got there. Your test starts when he calls you from the waiting room.

Just make sure the car is insured, taxed and everything is working on it and the tyres are legal :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Na they dont care. Its not their job to enforce the law, only to assess your ability as a driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

If they do ask: Your mam dropped you and went for a coffee. If that's a feasible excuse...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

They don't care how you got there , or how you got home if you fail...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Bonbon12

Great, thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭stardust_dublin

I know a guy who went to his test centre and only put his L plates on when he got there. The tester saw him and rang the guards. guards came down and fined him for driving with no L plates. I know that has nothing to do with having a fully licensed driver beside you, but it just shows that there are some tester <SNIP> out there who do care about the law and will do whatever they can to get you in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yay for idiot tax \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Stark wrote: »
    Yay for idiot tax \o/

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I know a guy who went to his test centre and only put his L plates on when he got there. The tester saw him and rang the guards. guards came down and fined him for driving with no L plates
    That just sounds like one of the many learning to drive urban myths. I personally, don't believe a word of it.
    and will do whatever they can to get you in trouble.
    Even if it were true, wouldn't it be the learner driver who got themselves into trouble?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That just sounds like one of the many learning to drive urban myths. I personally, don't believe a word of it.

The least believable part is the guards actually attending a call for that. They honestly do not care (under the current/holding on to dear life by that extension till June) rules wheter a driver is accompanied, L plated or not.

The tester would have obviously refused the test as the car didn't meet the requirements, and MAY (highly unlikely have called the guards but the chance of them attending for it is virtually nil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭stardust_dublin

yeah it does sound highly unlikely... but in this particular test centre 2 male testers work there who are known to be unfriendly and unhelpful, and obviously not happy in their jobs. whether you believe it or not, it did happen. highly unlikely it would happen anywhere else though.

and yeah, it would be the learner who got himself into trouble. turning up for your test with no L plates on is just plain stupid anyway..

Advertisement