Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with new stuff

Options
  • 24-01-2008 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

My 2800+ computer is getting a bit old now, the last time I upgraded it was to a 9600XT and 768mb of ram!!

So i'm looking at a new motherboard, processor and graphics card - maybe. would i have to get new ddr2 ram or does old ddr ram still work in some boards?

If that works out too expensive, what's the best agp card I can get to go with a 2800+? I don't play many new games mostly battlefield 2 and maybe some call of duty

Thank you! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

New motherboard only take ddr2 or ddr3. But a upgrade will be pretty cheap for you.

ip35/ 650i mobo - 70€
    E2140cpu - 50€
    Ayi 3750 - 150€
    2gb ddr2 - 40€
    New psu - 50+€

Then sell what you have for 100-150€. So its not too expensive. But for a cheaper route you could upgrade the cpu to a opteron 165 and add in 2gb ram and a 7800/7900 agp. But all that stuff is rare

Advertisement