Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Sheds

Options
  • 24-01-2008 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭

Hi

I need a garden shed but dont want to spend a fortune on it. Are there any places around the midlands that do reasonably priced sheds? 6 x 4 6 x 6. Something big enough for lawn mower tools and a bike?

Thanks
    X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Xcellor wrote: »
    Hi

I need a garden shed but dont want to spend a fortune on it. Are there any places around the midlands that do reasonably priced sheds? 6 x 4 6 x 6. Something big enough for lawn mower tools and a bike?

Thanks
    X

Get the biggest shed you can. 6 x 6 will fill up in no time and even if its not full you need a passageway from front to back or its useless. (Imgaine taking the lawnmower out by moving the bikes and the tools each time...)
    If you are sure you only need one on the small side, go wider rather than longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Hi

Thanks
    X

Will you erect it yourself?

I know where you can get one, the base, 4 panels (1 with wondow) and the roof materials, to clear for €300.

snyper wrote: »

I know where you can get one, the base, 4 panels (1 with wondow) and the roof materials, to clear for €300.
    What sizes are they in?
    All Timber I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

snyper wrote: »

Yep putting it together won't be a problem. But it would need to be a decent size like the previous poster says.

X

The one i know of is only a 6 x 6..

but they come in

8 x 6 up to 12 x 10

the 6 x 6 is one being cleared out of stock.. but the other sizes can be got and are pretty reasonable price wise if ur prepared to knock it together yourself :)

• Advertisement

OK sounds good. Where abouts? Hopefully not in the back of beyond!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

pm me, i know of a guy who makes steel sheds and will not be beaten on price and he's in the midlands.

pm me, i know of a guy who makes steel sheds and will not be beaten on price and he's in the midlands.

Missus wants wood, she doesnt like the look of metal. I prefer metal, won't rot or need treatment.

Oh well wood it is... :)

Whats sizes and ballpark prices?
    Does he deliver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Missus wants wood, she doesnt like the look of metal. I prefer metal, won't rot or need treatment.

Oh well wood it is... :)

Don't forget you'll need a concrete base for a metal shed. The no rot thing is a fallacy, all these sheds get abuse and paint will chip and allow rust to form. there is also the difficulty of hanging stuff up or erecting shelves. I would go for block built every time but if that's not an option then tannalised wood.

• Advertisement

OK sounds good. Where abouts? Hopefully not in the back of beyond!

Athlone (ish)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

GreeBo wrote: »
    Whats sizes and ballpark prices?
    Does he deliver?

yep - deliver and erect. I got a nice big shed made with him last year, delivered and erected. Cheaper than any of the others out there - bar none.
    pm me for his details if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭davebirl

please send me that man number or email address so i get get a quote. thanks

Advertisement