Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anybody own a Seat Altea 1.6 petrol?

Options
  • 24-01-2008 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

If so, what do you think of it?
    Did you have any trouble with it?
    What is the fuel consumption like?
    What's the handling like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I have an altea, its the 2.0 Tdi sport. I can tell you what the handling is like, absolutely fantastic, its got an independent rear suspension which really helps, it corners like its on rails, although I have 18's on mine. Never had a problem with it and have had it since april 07.

They are very very good value second hand for the space, you really cant get any better for the money v spec.

The 1.6 in the altea is the 8v unit which is fairly dated but does the trick none the less, economy wise your talking about 32 - 35 mpg.

I have to say its the best car I've ever owned, have had a leon 1.6, Cupra and Cupra TDi as well as a opel astra sport and a 316, and it really ticks all the boxes, i would try and get the diesel.. there worth the extra as its a fairly big car.

Advertisement