Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - Europe

Options
  • 24-01-2008 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭

I was just looking at http://www.lgi.com/upc_broadband.html and noticed that we get the worst broadband speeds UPC offer in Europe. It says Romania also has a top package of 6Mbps but upc.ro says it is 20Mbps. This country.... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

(Moved from Cable/MMDS/IPTV TV)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

In fairness, the LGI site might not be up to date.

Romania does appear to be getting up to 20mbps, but if things on the forum are to be believed, some peoples Chorus/NTL/UPC connections have had massive speed increases (albeit temprarily) so they may be planning to upgrade the service here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

What about coverage, i live in phibsboro, dublin, and cant get BB from them

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

as i understand it some people in Romania have problems getting electricity,
    I suspect upc broadband there is very restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Its not that long ago the NTL top speed was 10 Meg in this country - it only lasted several months but was great while it lasted - the split from NTL Uk network once the whole UPC deal went through put an end to that...

• Advertisement
Advertisement