Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

College interent and games?

• 24-01-2008 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Hey,

was just wondering if the college netwrok allows you to play games online? Trying to use Steam (Half Life 2) and it isn't working, thought it mught have something to do with the netwrok blocking it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

the internet here is horrible, bloody vpn.
    you cant play online on a console anyhow.
    you'll only get flash an rom games as far as i know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

In DCU they wont open up the ports necessary for online network gaming. They'll still take the huge amount of rent you pay funnily enough though. It's probably something similar in Maynooth. Email the computer people to be sure though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

aw no! thats a killer. I'm hoping to move into campus next year. It'll stop me playing Football Manager Live when it comes out anyhow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Quite right too. You're in college to study :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

i was able to play games on the connection back when i lived on campus. I think. i was a while ago. and they might not have had the VPN back then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Hah, waffles for j00 :D

Even when it wasn't VPN back when I was in first year there was no gaming - everything running on through the Whitethorn proxy or the other ones. There's nothing like a bit of SQUID to wreck your gaming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭moggins7

Firetrap wrote: »
    Quite right too. You're in college to study :)
    *coughs*

Advertisement