Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would you pay for the points you need?

Options
  • 24-01-2008 7:28pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Imagine someone came up to you and said that they could get you as many points as you need in the leaving, but you'd have to pay them. How much would you give over?

Assume that this person would be magically 100% guarenteed to get you the points somehow and there was no prospect of you not getting the points at all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I dunno a grand per 100 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

lolz a couple of years ago i heard that somebody was doing that.. they chared E100 for A1 in any subject :)
    But i dont know if thats what anybody wants to do though.. i know there are ppl dreaming about medicine and stuff.. but i think that if one didnt get somewhere maybe its not ment to be..
    "Everything that is done is for a good reason" i guess thats includes failing the exams..

although i wouldnt mind gettin a1 in english now :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

i was expecting people to be like 'omg i'd spend gazillions just to do *insert impossibly high point course* '

clearly boardsies don't care about their education :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Zero, school is for fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

:eek: pay for points !?

youd start your course and you be horribly undereducated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

need 405 points

suppose if i had to id pay €1000

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

Fad wrote: »
    :eek: pay for points !?

youd start your course and you be horribly undereducated

Points do not equal intelligence, neither does it in anyway AT ALL approximate the difficulty of a course. Anyway, the stuff you do in college is very different to anything you'll do for LC. In my first year, the only subject that was good at and was any help in a real way was Physics. Pay the money and go to college-no different from paying the money to do Medicine in Prague.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

well if you count your 14 years of education.... Your Leaving Cert points cost several thousand euro :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Nothing. Even if the material itself isn't used the fact that you are preparing and studying for exams is useful experience in itself though the spoon feeding we get is very different from college which is why I decided not to go to a 'grinds school' when I repeated but to study in my own time instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

nedward wrote: »
    Points do not equal intelligence, neither does it in anyway AT ALL approximate the difficulty of a course. Anyway, the stuff you do in college is very different to anything you'll do for LC. In my first year, the only subject that was good at and was any help in a real way was Physics. Pay the money and go to college-no different from paying the money to do Medicine in Prague.

Well, if you paid for points, you obviously wouldn't work at all and I don't know about you but subjects in the Leaving Cert are nescessary as a basis for somewhere to start from. Imagine not having done LC maths and doing an Actuarial degree for example. Medicine without doing a single science ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

andrew wrote: »
    Imagine someone came up to you and said that they could get you as many points as you need in the leaving, but you'd have to pay them. How much would you give over?

Assume that this person would be magically 100% guarenteed to get you the points somehow and there was no prospect of you not getting the points at all.

That depends, how much are you charging? I'm sure we can haggle a bit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Hate to spoil the party, but I wouldnt pay at all cos then I would be pretty much banjacksed for the course I want to do, Actuarial Studies in UCD, and you have to be unreal at maths for it. Unless the "guy" could give you some kind of injection that helped you know all the stuff, in which case Id go off to some kind of futuristic brain surgery :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

Right well obviously you'd want to be a bit of an eejit to pay in order to go do a subject like science having not done it in school, or to do actuarial studies without having done maths. I was thinking more along the lines of knowing you're good enough to do a course but just not good enough an all rounder to get the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Jay P i hope i ll see u there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

if only but no money can buy the sense of satisfaction when u ave reached ur goals. if u dont reach ur goals then move on and get inspired to do sum tin else. live every day as if its ur last:p

annie19 wrote: »
    live every day as if its ur last:p

It's a nice thought but girl that is easier said than done! Have you ever worked a twelve hour shift, gone out that night until about six in the morning, done another twelve hour shift and then slept the entire next day? Your body needs that catch up (well mine does anyway) :)

what type of work?! that is the Ques my man???!!!!!!:o:o:rolleyes:

Health care assistant work of the type that keeps you on your feet all day so that no matter how good your shoes are, your feet still hurt :p Don't get me wrong though I love my job :)

well i must admit that does sound like alot.
    balance is the key word my man!
    not out tonight?:rolleyes:

if u went back 2 school wud u do neting different?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

"Man, I'd suck your ****"

annie19 wrote: »
    well i must admit that does sound like alot.
    balance is the key word my man!
    not out tonight?:rolleyes:

Ye I went to a meal for my dad's birthday :) Take it you're not :p If I went back to school the only thing I would have done differently would have been to stick with hockey in sixth year, I really miss the game. Study wise I have no regrets. These two 'gap' years have been a great opportunity to get my head together and become very sure of what I want to do :cool: Are you in sixth year?

yep

Advertisement