Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If you are selling your car to a dealership do u hve to buy one of theyr cars?

Options
  • 24-01-2008 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

my car needs a bit of work new throttle sensor replace left mirror bonnet is a small bit dented from a car reversing into it recently and one of the window sprays sprays over the car because of it also due to hve new brakes on its service and needs central locking fixed.
    Besides all that everything else works perfectly.

should i bother getting it all fixed and try to sell it privatly or just try and sell it to a dealership? will i save money that way?
    rather than spending all that money fixing it then trying to sell it off

im thinking itll cost just over a thousand to fix or am i wrong?
    its a 00 peugot 206 by the way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bring the car into a dealership and ask them if they will buy it off you for cash. See what they will offer you for it. The chances are if they want it they will still give well below it's market value as they will have to fix it up, clean it, give a warranty and make a profit from it's sale.

Personally I would go and price all the parts and labour costs of putting it right, if it is viable I would then get them sorted and try selling it privately. The 206 is a popular used car and a good one will always find a home.

Advertisement