Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats merlin auctions like?

Options
  • 24-01-2008 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

What is merlin car auctions like?
    is it hard to sell your car on it?
    do cars normally sell over theyr value on it?
    are theyr any otehr car auctions like it around?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

Theres a positive review of it on www.recommendagarage.ie anyway.. its more about buying from them though

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

newbie123 wrote: »

What do you think? Are car dealers related to the tooth fairy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Great for buying forget about selling you'll rarely if ever sell over the going rate - if you go to their website you can get a list of all the cars sold for the previous month and what they sold for - you'll see what I mean. It's mainly trade that sell at these auctions. Very few are private sales in my experience. Having said that if you wanted to shift a car quick "as is" it's fine but don't expect to get a good price for it. Fees are quite high too if you're selling.
    It's worth taking a trip there for the day it's pretty interesting to see how it works.

http://www.merlincarauctions.ie/contentv3/

There's also Wilsons on the Naas Road - haven't used them yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

eamon234 wrote: »
    if you go to their website you can get a list of all the cars sold for the previous month and what they sold for - you'll see what I mean

Indeed. Prices are shockingly low compared with carzone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Where's the list of what the cars sold for on the website?

Had a look but couldn't find it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

daRobot wrote: »
    Where's the list of what the cars sold for on the website?

Had a look but couldn't find it.
    Click on Snapshot. You give your e-mail address, and they send you the list.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Could someone post up the list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

Magical!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

If Merlin fails you should try Gandolf Car Auctions :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Jrad

Oh no you di'in!

'if anyone cops, i said id steal it didnt I!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭jawlie

cbyrne wrote: »
    Theres a positive review of it on www.recommendagarage.ie anyway.. its more about buying from them though

Another shameless attempt at a plug from cbryne for one of his own websites. I notice he omits to mention that that website is his own one.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭cbyrne

newbie123 wrote: »
    is it hard to sell your car on it?
    are theyr any otehr car auctions like it around?

note OP'S question. and hence my response, why should it matter who owns the website Jawlie? you seem to have a right bee in your bonnet about the site and I can certainly take criticism, ok you don't think it makes sense and for some reason you seem to want to slag it off at every attempt. don't really see why you are determined to have a go at me, and purely to avoid any more of this I won't respond to the comments on the other threads.
    if you want to search any more of my messages you'll see I have an interest in cars in general and pretty much respond to peoples questions without referral to my website. If you think I am shamelessy exploiting boards.ie then fair enough, mostly just looking for peoples feedback though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

What's the story with the mileage on their cars - is it warranted?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

cbyrne wrote: »

of course there is! Negative ones aren't allowed :)

Advertisement