Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we have a better "Quick Reply" on boards

Options
  • 24-01-2008 8:05pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

One like this:
    screen11sm.gif
    They have them on loads of other forums, its much handier.
    Can we have this too please?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Its called advanced quick reply ... and yes we can have it, but we dont.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It's not much of a quick response if it says "sending quick response - please wait."

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hagar wrote: »
    It's not much of a quick response if it says "sending quick response - please wait."

It's got other features though (bold, insert image, hyperlink etc.).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

What's the difference then? I must be missing something. I thought quick response was a simple, basic no frills, response. If you want more, isn't the normal reply function there?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Hagar wrote: »
    What's the difference then? I must be missing something. I thought quick response was a simple, basic no frills, response. If you want more, isn't the normal reply function there?

Maybe he wants it in French? >_>

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

nah he wants ability to quick respond with txt modification features, of course if your modifying your txt then its hardly quick.
    :)

If you want this many features then reply normally :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Sure its nearly as quick to just type in the tags rather than press a button for them. Thats what I do.

I don't press no button fool! :D

uhh...except the post quick reply button.....

>_>

<_<

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Why type when you can click!

I can't see any real reason why we should not have this feature. I'm sure its a pretty quick and simple install...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Zascar wrote: »
    I can't see any real reason why we should not have this feature. I'm sure its a pretty quick and simple install...

I can see one big reason: Effort.
    It is mostly just adding an icon with the Post Reply link to each post. However, vB doesn't like making life simple. The icon has to fit into each style and be cached properly or it screws things up.

Another might be that it makes things confusing for new users. Although, one would hope that'd only be 5 seconds of confusion sorted out by testing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Forget Smilies. Just things like Bold, Italics, Links - and I really like how you can adjust the size of the reply window yourself.

Advertisement