Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good idea/ Bad idea?

Options
  • 24-01-2008 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Nissan Almera as my very first car - yay or nay? What say you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Yay!!

My 1st car was a Almera and it was a grand car!

Not really a whole lot to go wrong on them, just look at the usualls.

Also dont limit yourself to one car when you are looking, when i was looking for a car i had a short list;

Misty Lancer
    Honda Civic
    Nissan Almera

Just keep your options open!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Thanks for the reply. I'm only three driving lessons in and was originally thinking of a micra but my BF's friend is selling his Almera and it's in good nick, so now I'm unsure. They're not mental powerful are they?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No they are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

You'll enjoy the extra little bit of space and power compared to a Micra. In your case I wouldn't bother considering the Micra. You'll "outgrow" it a lot quicker than the Almera.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

You'll "outgrow" it a lot quicker than the Almera.

QFT. You shouldn't buy a 'learners car' when you could just buy a car. Almera is a bit..meh, but there's no reason not to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Almera was/is my first car. It's not going to set your world alight but its a grand car. Not tiny either.

And i'm fairly sure the thing is bullet proof, mine is 10 years old, with 146,000 miles and nothing has gone wrong with it. (except someone knicked the very valuable Nissan emblems, grrr!!)

Diesel btw

Advertisement