Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

border trek 2008

Options
  • 24-01-2008 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

considering it this year, but cant see anything specically on it yet, any one know if any thing released on it or any usefull links, most of the stuff seen is on last years event

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭paddylast

hi just saw this post
    i never heard of this border trek. googled it.
    just wondering i am a complete amateur, is this event like a mass particpant event just to cycle around wicklow?
    would you be out of place with your run of the mill regular mountain bike?

thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Replace the moutain bike tires with slicks are you might get away with it. However, you really would be best off with a dedicated road bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭paddylast

what kind of times do people do the 200km in?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

paddylast wrote: »
    i never heard of this border trek. googled it.
    just wondering i am a complete amateur, is this event like a mass particpant event just to cycle around wicklow?

thanks!

its a two day event around sligo, letrim, and fermanagh, it might take in one or two more counties aroind the border, not quite sure, it will be my first time to do it as well, if i do it

any one else know any more about it, not a huge cyclist, got a nice entry level road bike, but i do the sligo to letterkenny most years, about 110km, best time is still 4hrs 15min

because of falling numbers, route changed and shortened,
    now, 2008 based round Dundalk, Armagh, 100miles day 1, 66 miles day 2,

see the cooperation ireland website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭trek climber

Advertisement