Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

When to replace timimg belt on 04 Astra?

Options
  • 24-01-2008 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am in the process of buying a 04 Opel Astra Enjoy 1.7 TD with 61k miles.

My dealer say's that the timing belt will not beed replacing until 100k or another 2 years whichever comes first.

Is this right or is he trying to get out of replacing it for me as I thought it would be due at the 60k mark or 4 years old?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Not being an Opel expert I'd go with 100000 km or 60000 mile. Most cars with belts need replacements at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

It should be replaced now or very shortly im sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Look in the service book, it'll be printed there. I'm sure I don't need to tell you that a missing service book = walk away.

Advertisement