Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

belgian food - snacks - .....

• 24-01-2008 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi,

i am thinkin of importing all types of snacks - foods - belgian sweet waffles- chocolates,and if possible belgian beers... from Belgium.

I just dont know if it would work or sell in ireland,

any ideas??:mad::D

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They sell - in small quantities. Price being the main issue I guess. Belgian choccies are great.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,524 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Most off-licenses and even some supermarkets sell some Belgian beers, like Hoegaarden witbier and Duvel. I don't think the Irish market is ready for more differentiation / more exotic or niche beers

Never mind chocolates. Leonidas have a chain of shops in Ireland

But here's a market opportunity for ya: open up a proper "Friture" with proper Belgian friet (frites). It will be a sensation! I will be one of your regular customers anyway :D

For anybody that doesn't know, the Belgians actually invented chips. And proper chips at that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Popsicle

Hmm - even cheap Belgian chocolate is better that our standard fare!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

Did I hear somebody say Jupiler? Mmmmm! I think it might work in a city/ market? Where are you based? We met a Belgian man from Brugge who made his own cheese somewhere in Clare. He's always travelling with his stall.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The idea that Belgians invented chips is a bloody outrage, they invented chips in mayonnaise! :p

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement