Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carling Cup, are you going? [poll included]

Options
  • 24-01-2008 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Well, ticket or not, will you head over?

Myself and Dublin Spur plus a mutual mate will be over Sat-Mon, as will yiddo and his crew from Cork.

Would love if a load of us could meet up either day.

Will you travel for Cup final? 23 votes

Yes, I'm guaranteed a ticket
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, I'm confident I'll get a ticket
    17% 4 votes
    Yes, I'll pay a tout if required
    17% 4 votes
    Yes, but I won't pay touts prices
    26% 6 votes
    No chance
    39% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Dyin to go!! Never been to WHL, would settle for Wembley, though :P

I know some people would think they deserve a ticket more than i do if i got one(and they're probably right), but feck it - been following Spurs for a good 10 of my 20 years alive, so i think it merits my first trip to london to be an event such as this one!

God i hope i get a ticket!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭northlondon17

booked my flight wit bmi, saturday to monday...got +150 points on membership so quietly confident...was there on tuesday night too...out of all the tottenham games ive been to, that was the best by far...bring on the scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Well, ticket or not, will you head over?

Myself and Dublin Spur plus a mutual mate will be over Sat-Mon, as will yiddo and his crew from Cork.

Would love if a load of us could meet up either day.

Most of our crew not heading over til Saturday night but definetly meet up at some at stage then or Sunday and of course on the way home Monday at Stansted. Think yere flights are around teh same time as our round 4ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

yiddo wrote: »
    Most of our crew not heading over til Saturday night but definetly meet up at some at stage then or Sunday and of course on the way home Monday at Stansted. Think yere flights are around teh same time as our round 4ish?

Yes mate, think the return is at 3:45pm.

Be good to meet up.

Yes mate, think the return is at 3:45pm.

Be good to meet up.

our is 4.20pm so when they're calling your flight we'll be saying lads hang have one more :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭sew

either on package deal - or no ticket i'll be heading over too...defo meet up flying over sunday morning though. back monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Will apply for ticket on my membership but not too confident i will be successful,failing this i will go down any road i have to without spending an absolute fortune to be there.If i am going it will be sat evening from kerry and back monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

again depending on whether i have enough loyalty points on my membership whether i'll go or not .... may hang on in London after the Slavia Prague game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Going to apply via membership and I also have a pal in London on the case too. Although Im not paying mad money for a ticket, fook dat, Im gettin married in June, Id be shot if I used the wedding ring money for a ticket :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Will the lane be showing the match? for those who wont get a ticket?

Flight booked, shannon-stansted, stansted-shannon on the 25th 18.15!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

won't be going im afraid. I'd love to but finances are up in the air at the moment.

I'll have to settle for sky sports, the local pub and screaming my head off in a spurs shirt.

snaps wrote: »
    Will the lane be showing the match? for those who wont get a ticket?

Doubt that they will. They didn't in 99 or 2002 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I'll be there for sure. One benefit of owning a season ticket. Over for the Prague game and not flying back until the Tuesaday after the Final.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DubSpur81

I've yet to get my membership sorted this season and when I've looked into it with various agencies the prices I've been quoted have been absolutely ridiculous, some of them well over 1000eur, I love my Spurs but I just can't afford that, looks like I'll be heading to either/both the Pompey and Boro game instead

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Got mine Ronan - but its a day trip - changed jobs on Monday so don't want to a complete prat in first month.

Going to Lane on Saturday also for utd game.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

If we are not going to wembley then we need to think about venues now the match ain't being shown at the lane? Would be great to meet up perhaps in the high road or somewhere to watch???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

No chance....deadline looming for Research work.....enjoy it lads.COYS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Collettemcg

Does anyone know where u can get tickets for the final - i have tried a few agencies but they are all looking 400 sterling at least:confused:. have submitted application through club but not holding out much hope. We have moved from Belfast to Letterkenny so only get over to a few matches a year. Loyalty points are pretty crap so dont think we will get them. It is my 40th on the monday so hubby is taking me to london sat-tues.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

To be honest, Collette all the agencies are gonna be charging top dollar. You could lucky if you went to the stadium on the day itself but you'd still be looking at 3-4 times face value and I would emphasise the word lucky !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Collettemcg

Thanx v much 4 getting back 2 me. At the end of the day flights are booked and with it being my 40th on the monday we will still be going over- ticket or not. I'm sure we will find some pub to watch it in, just hate the thoughts of paying touts over the odds for the tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 fairhillspur

flights are booked but living in hope of a ticket im not going without one do man city away paddys weekend will have to do instesd.

Important news for anyone travelling with Ryanair for the final!!!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0208/ryanair.html
    Ryanair is to shut down its entire flight booking system for a whole weekend later this month, it emerged today.

Neither online or telephone customers will be able to book flights between 10pm on Friday, 22 February and 11pm on the following Monday.

Flights will continue as normal during the shutdown, which has been caused by the installation of a new booking system.

[snip]

Ryanair said its free web check-in service will also not be operating during the bookings system shutdown, and that any passengers affected by this will not be charged the airport check-in fee.

Travellers who have elected to check-in on-line normally have up to two days before travelling to do so.

Online check-in should be available for your outbound flights but back home you'll need to check in so make sure you arrive in plenty of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Joycee

Flying from Galway Sun morning, if I dont get a ticket I'm bringing a luminous jacket with a printed out security badge for the craic. What's the worst that could happen eh? Anyway, wanna soak up the atmosphere over there when Ramos gets his 1st taste of trophy success with Spurs..

Warning for anyone heading over without a ticket, there's a rumour the Old Bill have told pubs near Wembley to close on the day to avoid trouble so if you're planning beers you might have to look a little further afield.

I'll update that if I can.

Advertisement