Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer demanding I remove piercings

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

My dad is most freaked out with my tongue. Above any other pirecing. His attitude is, if you were supposed to have ahole in your tongue, you'd be born with it. Funniest was during the summer, i took out the bar... he's sitting there, look of disgust on his face.
    Conversation went something like this:
    Dad: Jess, that is repulsive. You should take it out.
    Me: No! I like it!!
    Dad: But, tell me. What use is it?
    Me: *bursts out laughing*
    Dad: *really embarrased* Well it looks disgusting. And walks out of the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

DonnaDarko wrote: »
    yeah people can be pretty rude. :(
    my friend was working a night shift full time in dunnes (he had a lip piercing and long hair) and they made him shave all his hair and take out his piercing if he wanted the job,he was desperate for money and they were paying like 12eur an hour so he did it,but i thought it was ridiculous considering he was working at night when the store was closed and there wouldnt even be any customers.he ended up quitting after a few weeks,the manager told him to change the footwear he had on(new rocks,the flat ones though) and that pissed him off too much

I have to laugh at this. He's willing to cut his hair, shave and remove piercings, but won't change his shoes for a job. I'd be the other way..

Advertisement