Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flag Football

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I'd love to get involved in this...

Any teams in South Dublin. Just easier for me than trying to get across the city :D

There's a 'team' in UCD if you fancy joining. Training's on Wednesdays and Fridays at 4 on the all weather poofball pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

pithater1 wrote: »
    There's a 'team' in UCD if you fancy joining. Training's on Wednesdays and Fridays at 4 on the all weather poofball pitch.

Cool. When does it start up?

We're hoping to play trinity on the 16th. TBH I don't have a clue what the craic is with the league at the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭TITAN #1

:eek:........hands up, that is me again.

The first game of the league was played last Sunday. The Craigavon Cowboys beat the Carrickfergus Knights by 20 - 14 in Carrick.

I don't think anyone has scheduled anything for this weekend but the following weekend has a lot of games lined up.
    The Christmas break and the bad weather have slowed everything up but games should be a lot more regular now.

TITAN #1 wrote: »
    :eek:........hands up, that is me again.

The first game of the league was played last Sunday. The Craigavon Cowboys beat the Carrickfergus Knights by 20 - 14 in Carrick.

I don't think anyone has scheduled anything for this weekend but the following weekend has a lot of games lined up.
    The Christmas break and the bad weather have slowed everything up but games should be a lot more regular now.

What are the divisions man?

• Advertisement

2 Dublin divisions,1 northern and 1 southern.

Southern

UCC Pirates have 2 teams
    Willow Warriors form Clonmel
    SE Strongbows from Waterford

Dublin

Trinity x 2
    UCD x 2
    Sharks
    Rebels
    Spartans
    Tullamore
    Edenderry

Northern

Craigavon Cowboys
    Carrickfergus Knights
    Belfast Bulls
    Causeway Convicts

There are a number of other teams that couldn't make the league and other new teams coming through Galway,Roscrea,Carlow, Athlone,Limerick.

We will be running some tournaments later this year and get Team Ireland running again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 SexyIrish

There's a mini blitz on in the Phoenix Park on Saturday, starting from 11. Here's the schedule.

1 - Dublin Sharks @ TCD Pav
    2 - UCD B @ TCD Buttery
    3 - UCD A @ Dublin Sharks
    4 - UCD A @ TCD Pav

Should be finished around 4 or 5pm. Anyone interested can come along. You prolly won't get any playing time, but you can watch!

FWIW, any team that comes out of the blitz with 2 ticks in the W column is almost guaranteed a spot in the finals day, with only 3 guaranteed teams actually IN the Dublin North Division...

Probably won't be able to make it myself. My 21st is the night before and I doubt I'll be in a fit state to play football at 11 :D

The Willow Warriors will be playing the SE Strongbows on Saturday @ Clonmel.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

TITAN #1 wrote: »
    The Willow Warriors will be playing the SE Strongbows on Saturday @ Clonmel.

Tipperary Institute 2 pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Strongbows won 27-12

Advertisement