Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

geography text book

• 24-01-2008 10:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

whats the best geography text book to buy for leaving cert

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

All the books are rubbish to be quite honest as they have too much detail. My teacher just gives us notes. We only use the book for reference.

However a new book specifically for transition year geography is very good and does cover some of the exam material but I dont know what the title is.

If I find it out I will tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

Hey I just started studying geog the other day. I'm using the less stress revision book along with the our dynamic world textbook. Doing fine so far, in my own time. Why do you ask? Doesn't it depend on what your teacher decides to use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭annie19

i think the best LC Geog book is todays world along with revise wise! watch out 4 notes from grind schools next term
    they will prb b 4 sale
    they r worth ne money if ur willing 2 lear them off
    esp if no1 else in ur school has them
    will make it much easier 2 get a v .high grade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I cant remember the name of the text book we use but it is sh1te! It's the one with the workbook, I would imagine most schools use it but it's awful. It gives loads of detail on one thing and then nothing on the next! To be honest, Geography is a notey subject so if your teacher gives good notes, thats all you need plus a diagram. I'm only in 5th year but i plan on buying a revision book. Should be easy enough to get a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Chunky Monkey

The one thing I really don't like about the Our Dynamic World book is that the material is all over the place so if you are using this book I strongly recommend getting a revision book to use with it and make your own notes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

We're using Today's World and I think it's grand. There is far too much information in them all though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Neilfitzg

Get todays world core book and then our dynamic world for the other 2! easiest way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

all that books seem to go into waaaay too much detail, rapid revision? (good idea me thinks)

Advertisement