Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rubbish dumping

• 24-01-2008 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

I have been accused of dumping rubbish illegally and have received a fine of 150 euro.I have been staying with a friend of mine for the last week (i used to live there till a year ago)
    I received a fine today,claiming that i dumped rubbish in a laneway close to the apartment on the 21st of this month,
    I was 80 miles away on the 21st so i find this to be a bit hilarious.
    Do i just contact the council or the local litter warden and explain this?
    Ive been given 21 days to pay the fine or i will get a court summons.
    Anyone have any previous experience of this?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cant give legal advise.. but I assume they found your ID in the bags, or someone said it was you, or they saw your car..

Some of those areas are CCTV Monitored.

Should be a number to call for any queries..

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

OP, this is not a forum for legal advice. Talk to the Council and/or get yourself a solicitor.

I'll leave the thread open for your second question only - ie. for people to relate their own experiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have worked in this area in the past. Generally It is someone that was given the rubbish to dispose (rogue bin men) of that dumps it miles away in lanes etc.

I wonder does this apply here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I have worked in this area in the past. Generally It is someone that was given the rubbish to dispose (rogue bin men) of that dumps it miles away in lanes etc.

I wonder does this apply here?

No actually,the place where it has been said i dumped the rubbish is where the bins for the apartments are left.There is no reason i would actually dump rubbish when there is a perfectly good wheelie bin.

Would they be actually saying i dumped rubbish on such said date or rubbish was found on tha date?Surely someone on boards has to deal with this before?Any positive feedback appreciated

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

jackncoke wrote: »
    No actually,the place where it has been said i dumped the rubbish is where the bins for the apartments are left.There is no reason i would actually dump rubbish when there is a perfectly good wheelie bin.

Ah but that means paying. Thats why people do it - avoid the bills (and besides, bins have limitations). Anyway, are you permitted to leave your rubbish where it currently is?
    Would they be actually saying i dumped rubbish on such said date or rubbish was found on tha date?Surely someone on boards has to deal with this before?Any positive feedback appreciated

I would assume if someone dumped it near the apartment and had the excuse "Oh, that's where I always leave it until the binman come" they might not actually get away with it. Its probably considered rubbishing if its left in such an area.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Ah but that means paying. Thats why people do it - avoid the bills (and besides, bins have limitations). Anyway, are you permitted to leave your rubbish where it currently is?

The landlord pays the refuse so thats not an issue,the place where the bins is a communal area for all the tenants to leave their bins, this was agreed with the council as far as i know.The laneway always has been used as a dumping ground by locals and people who dont want to pay refuse charges.Im thinking two things,either that the bin was knocked over by someone and rubbish spilled everywhere or dat someone intentionally emptied our bin and put their rubbish into it.But i dont c how i can prove i didnt dump there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

tell the truth you dumped and no point lookin for free leicon10.gifgal advice

tell the truth you dumped and no point lookin for free leicon10.gifgal advice

ah,no.thanks for the positive advice neway

Advertisement