Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Arm (not as simple as you might think!)

Options
  • 24-01-2008 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭

I'm looking for a "monitor arm" along these lines

7957.jpg

but which will fit the Philips PHP-X17. This is the back of the monitor:

p1230431ym2.jpg

As you can see it doesn't have the typical VESA standard 4 scews or anything that most monitor arms would attach onto.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Archytas

You could use velcro pads or something similar. I saw some in a hardware shop the other day that were rated to carry pretty heavy loads. Something along those lines. But would have to be very good quality and probably expensive....

Edit: Or.... you could buy one of those non-vesa adapters? Then put some screws into the air vents to give the non vesa adapter something to hold onto... But I cant really tell you to do that as its a terrible idea. Or you could take the whole backplate off and see where you have room and just put some bolts/nuts etc. Its doable... But not really going to be pretty.

Also How does the stand connect to the monitor? Does it fold up so the bottom of the stand is parrallel with the back of the monitor? You could put some screws in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Thanks for throwing those ideas out Archytas,

Unfortunately the base of the monitor is essentially stuck in place. It won't be going anywhere unless I unscrew it. I always end up with the monitor/tv/cable/whatever which isn't the standard and then have endless hassle trying to get things to work.

I definitely wouldn't trust myself to take the back off the monitor without making an absolutely mess of it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

For the cost of the arm, you'd be better off getting a vesa compliant monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm surprised no one has made a bracket or arm (could be something that would have a Vesa sized adapter to fit onto a Vesa bracket) that clamps onto the monitor surround . All it would have to be is 2 or 4 rubber covered clips that go on the sides and/or the top and bottom to hold the monitor. They would only have to overlap the frame by about a centimetre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Weld teh fecker onto the arm :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement