Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The GAAW have gone too far.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

passing today and it looked like a load of old guys were standing around the base of the statue which meant that the anti war lefties wouldnt be able to get the suit on poor auld liam. dont know where they came from, SF or maybe Mellowes Hurling Club...but there were about 6 guards there to make sure there was no confrontation....hilarious!

SF indeed according to GBFM news. Delighted that they didn't get their way!!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭whitey1

This is the type of crap that just blows me away. When Sinn Fein were banned from all forms of media in their own country, they were given freedom of speech in the US. When Gerry Adams was persona non gratis in his own country he was welcomed with open arms whereever he went in the US-including thw White House. When people were arrested for selling Easter lillies on the streets of Dublin, Sinn Fein held $1000 a head fundraisers at the Waldorf Astoria-no questions asked.

How dare these hypocrites citiicize anyone, least of all the people who funded and supported their struggle before it was fashionable.

Eaten bread is soon forgotten!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

GAAW, Kinda has that "Film Actors Guild" feel to it huh.

Just what are some rich Irish white kids gonna do for human rights abuses in the middle? Will smoking joints and drinking pints in the roisins ever shift a grain of sand in the M.E?

Bollax, They care for nothing but their own piety, The church fell and next generations of pious shítes arose, despite the change in outer appearance nothing really changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You Suck! wrote: »
    Just what are some rich Irish white kids gonna do for human rights abuses in the middle? Will smoking joints and drinking pints in the roisins ever shift a grain of sand in the M.E?

Bollax, They care for nothing but their own piety, The church fell and next generations of pious shítes arose, despite the change in outer appearance nothing really changed.
    Lol ... I honestly don't believe that everyone who has a problem with Guantanamo, George Bush, and indeed America's sense that whatever they do in the world is by definition right because they are doing it, fits that description ...

... but it is accurate enough for a certain type that it made me laugh muchly! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Stagsy

You Suck! wrote: »
    Will smoking joints and drinking pints in the roisins ever shift a grain of sand in the M.E?QUOTE]

As you have pointed out You Suck, these arrogant liberals are known to be fond of cannabis and in doing so fund what can be fairly described as terrorist drug gangs in this country. Their money is killing disadvantaged young men in Dublin and Limerick. But you wouldn't find them protesting against that, would you? It's just not as fashionable as campaigning for terrorists in the Middle East, who would, incidentally, give them a starring role in an internet beheading video, should any of the GAAW actually set foot in Iraq.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ah the GAAW. They should be put in orange boiler suits and dropped in the Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

As you have pointed out You Suck, these arrogant liberals are known to be fond of cannabis and in doing so fund what can be fairly described as terrorist drug gangs in this country. Their money is killing disadvantaged young men in Dublin and Limerick. But you wouldn't find them protesting against that, would you?

I am sure that many people would be willing to protest against the absurd and hypocritical drug laws currently obtaining in this country, which penalise peaceful stoners and benefit organised criminals, just as the prohibition of alcohol in the US once nurtured the mafia.

The best way to avoid funding the gangs you refer to is to cultivate your own plants, but this is more illegal than simply buying the drug. :( Another reason for doing so is that the stuff peddled by professional criminals tends to be adulterated (e.g. soap bar) and sometimes even sprayed with glass crystals to increase weight, with obvious health risks.

Fortunately, as more and more people grow their own in spite of the prohibition, it is becoming ever easier to source ethically grown organic local produce. One day in the not too distant future I expect to be able to buy my weed at the farmers' market on a Saturday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

All's well, ends well, the GAAW were not allowed to do it and im happy for that, so for now at least some insignificant nobody's speaking for the rest of us will not have their way!

Oh and another thing they are fond of wearing is well you guessed it COMBATS....WTF, i see them down at Shannon all the time. Losers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

If they really wanted to "take a stand" they'd invade Guantanomo Bay. Can't quench war with peace.

grasshopa wrote: »
    If they really wanted to "take a stand" they'd invade Guantanomo Bay. Can't quench war with peace.

Im sure Al Qaeda would welcome them with open arms in Afghanistan..... Im all for Peace but only through Superior Firepower!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yes, because that worked so well in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Umm, where is the statue that they were going to ensuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Steyr wrote: »
    Im sure Al Qaeda would welcome them with open arms in Afghanistan..... Im all for Peace but only through Superior Firepower!:p

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? ... I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

JustMary wrote: »
    Umm, where is the statue that they were going to ensuit?

On the square, between Richardsons and Kennedys bars.

biko wrote: »
    Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? ... I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Yes Sir mister President Sir...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Isn't that a quote from the fire-breathing colonel in A Few Good Men ? Jack Nicholson played him ...

Thats what i was thinking

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Stagsy wrote: »
    These arrogant liberals are known to be fond of cannabis and in doing so fund what can be fairly described as terrorist drug gangs in this country. Their money is killing disadvantaged young men in Dublin and Limerick. But you wouldn't find them protesting against that, would you?

Some stormfront moron Nazis support the same gangs economically , some liberals even grow their own and only effectively support the ESB unions in their extortionate wage demands :cool:

Death to the ESB Unions !

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Stagsy wrote: »

As you have pointed out You Suck, these arrogant liberals are known to be fond of cannabis and in doing so fund what can be fairly described as terrorist drug gangs in this country. Their money is killing disadvantaged young men in Dublin and Limerick. But you wouldn't find them protesting against that, would you? It's just not as fashionable as campaigning for terrorists in the Middle East, who would, incidentally, give them a starring role in an internet beheading video, should any of the GAAW actually set foot in Iraq.

what a crock of sh1te! 'funding terrorist gangs in this country' --you're as bad as any liberals/GAAW members who use the same brush to call every soldier or armed forces employee a 'terrorist'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Well I'm for changing the flag...but I can see how its a part of our heritage

On a more serious note, I find the whole thing hillarious. Thanks GAAW for providing me with a chuckle. Your Pal Wompa xox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Some stormfront moron Nazis support the same gangs economically , some liberals even grow their own and only effectively support the ESB unions in their extortionate wage demands :cool:

Death to the ESB Unions !

Yep, the future is off grid. "I will arise and go now and go to Inisfree, and an eco hobbit house build there with a solar-powered grow room…"

Seriously, I reckon we could enlist the statue of Padraic O Conaire for a legalisation protest. The thousand-yard stare and the big hippy hat on him are a dead giveaway. ;)

Advertisement