Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take-Aways in Limerick

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

pizza hut in newtown annacotty.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Chicken hut for a snack box with gravy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

MarkR wrote: »
    Chicken hut for a snack box with gravy. :D

Chicken Slut's gravy is amazing! :D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It's probably full of heroin / cocaine / secret additives that make you crave it fortnightly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

I remember hearing it was the scrapings of the deep fat fryer and chicken fryer mixed with spices and water

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mackleton wrote: »
    Cheapest and best pizza place in Castletroy or surrounds? I know of Dominoes but find them very expensive, other than that im kinda stumped. Could people enlighten me, maybe with prices?

Godfathers in the Parkway Shopping centre, right next door to O'Brien's Off License. They do a very nice pizza imo and also deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

RINO87 wrote: »
    i dont understand how people can reccomend the wokking. Its absolutely awful, very little vegetables, stringy beef, and the seafood tastes like tesco value crabsticks!

Chippers?? Luigis and yellow road (curry burger!!!) top my list. The one out near myross is freda's i think. Lovely chips and burgers, but their batter is a tad chewey!! They do breakfasts there aswell, never had one but i've seen it on the menu.

PJ's in thomondgate is nice too i think.

+1 for Luigis

Wokking is a defancified Jasmine Palace, same ingredients and staff in the kitchens. I find it good although it's more fast food oriented than the Palace.

The Shamrock for Chinese....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Another +1 for Luigis

Great onion rings in luigis Small chip portions though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

phog wrote: »
    Chinese - Shamrock (Ennis Rd.)

Shamrock +1, their crispy chilli beef is to die for.

Chipper, freda's in balla is pretty good, they've started doing a gravy recently, its a spicier version of the chicken huts gravy. Don't eat fish but i hear its fresh cod is the best. Plus it has chinese besides, big greasy chips, chicken ball from the chinese best comb o ever.

Pizza, i find pizza huts stuffed crust base hard to beat. Altho papa ginos around the corner from the oconnell grill is still by far the best.

Chicken, Chicken sluts gone down in the past few years, the gravy is saving it, find my self going to KFC alot more, love thier hot wings.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Turkuaz rocks for kebabs. Several Indian choices - Chilli Kebabish, Mogul Emperor, Indira.

Pizza - not sure there's a really good one anywhere. Dominos at a push.

Styx on Nicholas St. is still good as a chipper.

Thai - both Copper & Spice and Thai Gourmet do lovely takeouts.

Had forgotten about Papa Ginos Pizza from there and chips from the o connell grill YUM!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

havent been in Papa ginos in years but saw it for sale in the leaders property thing at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

almost all take aways are mentioned here. which one is the best now?

vkid wrote: »
    havent been in Papa ginos in years but saw it for sale in the leaders property thing at the weekend.

This is awful news please leave it be open in october when I get back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Fredas on the kileely road is hard to beat, it pretty much does everything and unlike supermacs does em well, plus you've the chinese right beside it, if you want a bit of mix and match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Don't know the name, but that chipper beside Penz is very tasty. Chips are gorgeous, love their Hawaiin burgers. And their stuffing...mmm, so hungry now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The best chipper I came across in Limk is the one next door to the Garryowen stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't know the name, but that chipper beside Penz is very tasty. Chips are gorgeous, love their Hawaiin burgers. And their stuffing...mmm, so hungry now :(

That's Slattery's.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Enzo's on William Street
    O'Connell St Grill
    The Golden Grill on William Street
    RIO's in Castletroy are all great chippers

Oh - and the one beside the train station - tink it's luigi's or something.

Superdine aint bad at times...Yes i'm in ul!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭mijas

Poppadoms in Cornmarket Square best Indian, they deliver 1.50 to city centre. Great range of Naan breads including a goats cheese one, my favourite, and their chicken dishes are good, sometimes a bit sweet, but we ask for them to be made up with no sugar. They can make to order for say, diabetics etc. No additives in their food.
    Best pizza is Dominoes, consistently good with some value deals.

mijas wrote: »
    Best pizza is Dominoes, consistently good with some value deals.

You gotta go to Papa Ginos for pizza worth having no deliveries;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McSween

Papa Ginos was open in May when I went in there.

I think I will head to Rio's in Castletroy for a kebab and chips in a short while:D

Don't agree regarding slattery's. Have only had their chips, burgers and chicken. But the chips aren't great, they are fat and generally not as nice as they could be. The Golden Grill and Yellow Road ****s all over their chips. And I don't find them the friendliest either, there is a touch of the "what are you doing in here" attitude about them sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

Kess73 wrote: »
    Best Chipper is Slattery's. Both in Ballycummin and on the Father Russell Road.

All others are fighting for the runners up slot. :D

+1

Advertisement