Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any restaurant recommendations in Westport?

Options
  • 24-01-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a good restaurant in Westport for tomorrow night, not too posh, good food is the priority, no hen parties, it's just for 2.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'd be interested in recommendations too, but happy to hear "posh" ideas also.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Gun_Slinger

I mentioned in another thread about Westport Restaurants but here goes again:

Posh - Knockranny House Hotel. Love this place, expensive but worth it.

Not so posh - Torinos Italian - Nice little place just off bridge street.

There are loads of others in Westport (out the quay) but these are the only places i've been to in the last year.

Posh - Knockranny House Hotel. Love this place, expensive but worth it.
    I've a short walk home from there! \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I've a short walk home from there! \o/

I've walked from Westport to Castlebar, but Westport to Ballina ? :eek:

(or did you vacate North Mayo for Wesshhhtt Mayo?)

Not too expensive either, at €49 for dinner. Booked for Tuesday evening - I'll report back.

• Advertisement

(or did you vacate North Mayo for Wesshhhtt Mayo?)
    I did - long story. I'll fill you in some time. Living in Knockranny Village now, hence the short walk home.

Dinner was excellent. Appetiser was a sort of fish mousse with herb salad. I had crab risotto to start, while her indoors had scallops - both excellent. For a middle course she had a rhubarb sorbet, and I had sweet potato soup; I had beef tenderloin (medium rare) and she had lamb. The beef was superb, lean and tasty and cooked to perfection. For dessert she had a cheese selection and a latte and I had a lemon sabayon (sort of a fancy cheesecake) and a cappucino. Add in a rather nice 2004 Tempranillo, and the whole lot came to €145.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Dinner was excellent. Appetiser was a sort of fish mousse with herb salad. I had crab risotto to start, while her indoors had scallops - both excellent. For a middle course she had a rhubarb sorbet, and I had sweet potato soup; I had beef tenderloin (medium rare) and she had lamb. The beef was superb, lean and tasty and cooked to perfection. For dessert she had a cheese selection and a latte and I had a lemon sabayon (sort of a fancy cheesecake) and a cappucino. Add in a rather nice 2004 Tempranillo, and the whole lot came to €145.

Dude, that's where we were staying, Knockranny House Hotel, one of te best I've stayed in here in Eire, maginifcent, they had a weekend deal, they threw in a dinner, had the lamb cutlets, and fois gras sausages, magical.

On Saturday we had a look around town, liked the look of the La Belle Vita, but it was booked out, unfortunately we then went to the one next door, La Volvana, food was alright and cheap, they had a hen party too of dublin scangers,luckily they were nearly finished when we got there, I wouldn't recommend it though.

Advertisement