Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three 3g modem help

Options
  • 24-01-2008 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

hi

have just installed a three 3g modem on a neighbours windows 2000 machine,

the modem and software have installed correctly.

the modem has a flicking blue light before i start the three connection program, when i start the progam the light goes solid blue and the connection connects at 3.6 Mbps.

thats seems to be perfect, right ?
    blue light means connect to 3g network.
    3.6 Mbps is the best possible speed to connect at.

the problem is i can't browse the internet, internet explorer cannot even load the google.ie page.

is there any settings i can change?

would the fact that the neighbour only bought the 3g package yesterday be a cause?

any ideas or tips would be great.

regards
    paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055115306

Better off with a homing pigeon apparently - data transfer rates are faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Windows 2000? Sounds like an old install, so there could be all sorts of things going wrong. Are there any proxies defined? Can you ping google?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭p2kone

re

internet explorer is set not to ring any dialup connections and the advance properties is set to automatically detect settings.

was having a luck throught that 3 sticky thread, doesn't look good.

i though the 3 three service would have improved since the middle of last year!

Advertisement