Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2007 US Retail PC Game Sales Total €911M

Options
  • 24-01-2008 11:03pm
    Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭

American Retail PC games sales totaled €910.7 million in 2007 down 6 percent from last year €970 million.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6185089.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;1

The loss in retails sales is being attributed to online sales taking away customers from retailers.

The report is by the NPD group and they reckon the PC as a gaming platform is still healthy and prevalent. The group acknowledges that the PC is becoming more reliant on digital sources of revenue which it can't track.

I think this is solid proof the PC gaming platform is not going to die any time soon and the PC master race can relax once more safe in the knowledge that it was all just scare mongering from the dirty console peasants;)

If it wasn't for damn piracy PC games would of made €5 Billion easy:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Why the feck can't they report on digital distribution services? Surely the likes of Valve and the rest still have to file accounts like other companies?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Their accounts are only public is they are a public company. Pretty sure that Valve ain't a public company.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Plus Valve are notorious for not making the information on what games people download available so I really wouldn't hold my breath on that one. Good to see the figures are still healthy though.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Its still a drop in the bucket compared to consoles but it does show the PC is doing fine. I would reckon digital sales easily make up for the lost 60 million dollars. Thats not to mention the vast amounts of money being earned by digital subscriptions to MMO's and the the booming casual gaming market on the PC thats worth 100's of millions. Another small but growing source of revenue is in game advertising as well. So all in all I reckon PC is still doing as well as always.

Err just noticed in the first post I was using the € sign not the the $ sign. The amount was $911 million which would be alot less than euros. Force of habit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Azza wrote:
    The amount was $911 million which would be alot less than euros.
    :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement