Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PaddyPower Financials

Options
  • 24-01-2008 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭

Anyone started using this?
    Just started working as an analyst for a stockbrokers (hence my absence from
    here) and let me say its is just fantastic.
    The money that can be made is actually scary.
    Gonna mess around with the demo account for another week or too but from the
    looks of things at the moment my days with soccer betting could soon be over.
    Fantastic money making opportunities (which ill share i promise :) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I bet on financials on BF, it's pretty easy, you can make a fair few quid...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Is this just the bets on whether the markets will be higher or lower than it was at the start of the day?
    Or is there something else I am missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

kippy wrote: »
    Is this just the bets on whether the markets will be higher or lower than it was at the start of the day?
    Or is there something else I am missing?

No you can also bet long and short and set get out and buy levels.
    Have a look at the tutorials on PP they only take 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,382 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Is it easy to make money, for the average punter?
    I thought that because of the difference betwee the buy and sell price you were going to be snookered

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This doesn't seems very gambling relevant to me. Unless someone has a convincing argument why this thread should stay open it will be closed or moved if I can find a suitable home for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Its spread betting. Whats the problem?

5starpool what on earth are u talking about?
    Its spread betting, how much more gambling related can u possibly get?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

5starpool.
    It looks to me like this is a very relevant topic to this forum.
    First of all Paddypower run it. Thats a pretty big Gambling link straight off I reckon.

To the other posters, I'll check out the tutorial.
    Kippy

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Me not knowing what I am talking about is a pretty good reason I think. I thought it was related to the stock market, so not exactly gambling in the sense that I understood the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Life itself is a gamble 5starpool. ;)

• Advertisement

Ugh, This hurts my head.... I've lost about 5000K of play money.

Starting to get the hang of it now... I was into share trading before but I've been out of the loop a while, takes so adjusting!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

What sort of stakes are we talking about here? What would be the minimum you could buy etc?

1 share is the min...

i've shares running in AIB at the moment.. Bought them at 14.82 -- Current price; 14:73

:(

It's fun for a free account, and I probably wouldn't be so frivalress(SP?) with real money...

Made about 4 grand so far in the play account shorting CRH and buying euros against the dollar.
    It was all going so damn well until i pressed the wrong button and bought CRH long instead of short and left it overnight and lost about E4500 :D
    Thank God its play money!

ok. i've brought my loss down quite alot, only 2K in the red now.. Starting to get used to it...

Just watch the buy & sell prices!

Still about 3k in the red myself.
    Its addictive!

IrishMike wrote: »
    Still about 3k in the red myself.
    Its addictive!

I made my money back from google rolling shares, up 2K in total, but I need to sell them as soon as the US market is open!

Yeah, it's very addictive, but I thank god it's not real money!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

Hi Guys,

I've tried this before..What Pi**ed me off was the spread (Diff. between buy and sell price)

PaddyPower say that they don't charge commissions but this is a commission in itself if you were to look at the real buy/sell price.

Advertisement