Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorting Parents Mortgage

Options
  • 24-01-2008 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi All,

While trying to sort my own mortgage i asked my parents what rate they were paying and i got the obvious reply "no idea" i checked the last letter that they got from first active and it said that their rate was being increased to 5.59 this seems a bit excessive to me the outstanding amount is about 25k. Any idea how i should approach this with first active i know it may only save about €10 a month changing rates but i would prefer that money to be in their pockets rather than the banks.

Rgds
    Tony

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

u could check out www.mortgages.ie.... I'm not sure how worthwhile it would be switching though, with the amounts being so small. Legal fees for switch might be prohibitive? Costs nothing to talk to them anyway I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭BobbyD10

That rate tends to be the highest rate a bank will tend to charge. Give them a ring and you are guaranteed to get a better rate, could be as much as .7% off the current rate.

Advertisement