Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory Bremner

Options
  • 24-01-2008 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

In case anyone has seen the posters around the campus, but is wondering just who he is... Rory is a Scottish comedian best known for his perfect imitations of voices, especially politicians. He also has more formal credentials, and his translations of Bertold Brecht plays have been well-received - though his comedy is enough justification for the award, I think. Should be fun, especially if he's got a Bertie impression up his sleeve, to go with Gordon Brown and Ian Paisley. :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tw1000000

He's the best impressionist there is - very smart and very quick. Interesting about the translations of the plays - you can spot his intelligence a mile away.
    Should be a good night - anyway, after Ferrell, the James Joyce Award has my vote!
    Even if I still don't really know what it means...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

it's for outstanding achievement in the field of excellence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

can anyone tell us what day/time/venue this is on?

would love to go to this

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tw1000000

It's on Tuesday at 7. Theatre L...?

Yeah guys, its on at 7pm in theatre L. Unlike the media craze that was Will Ferrell, you can probably meet him and have a chat after! Try to come along as it will be a great night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Wacko

Do you know if you have to get tickets for this or will I just have to dig out my L&H card thing if I can find it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Well, it seemed to go OK - not quite full-up, but a good turnout, and loud.
    Rory's not up on Irish politics, understandably, but he talked a lot about the way the Bremner Bird & Fortune shows come together, and how he got he was discovered at the Edinburgh Festival.

The funniest bit I remember was his impersonations of Alan Titchmarsh and Nelson Mandela, imagining what it was like when "Ground Force" remodeled Mandela's garden (which really happened):
    "I spent twenty years in prison, on an island, in the middle of the Atlantic, so why would I want a bloody water feature?!" :o

Advertisement