Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25's

Options
  • 24-01-2008 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Not sure if this is the right to place to post, but could somebody explain the rules to the card game 25's.

According to one website that I was looking at, it is the national game of Ireland (Thought that was GAA, but you know the internet and all that), only heard of it a couple of weeks ago for the first time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Never heard of it TBH, but here. http://www.pagat.com/spoil5/25.html#25

• Registered Users Posts: 18,588 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I play 25 (singluar) a fair bit. It is fairly common in the more rural areas and mostly among the older generations.
    The rules linked to by Varkov are pretty bang on as to how it is played. I must say, I didnt think the rules were anywhere on the web.
    Poker seems to have taken over from it now but in my opinion Poker is vastly over-rated. This is far better craic and involves a degree of skill, especially when played in "Team" format.
    By the way, what website did you read that on?
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

We play it down here in Limerick but it is called 45 ..obviously play to 45 instead .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Lots of variations on it. 25/30 is the main game up here, 30 is played so that no player can win the game in the first hand. Also look for a game called Auction 15, its great fun, but involves money.

Advertisement